Add another casualty to the firmware update process

Reaction score
Looks like I won't be flying any time soon after purchasing a new P3P from the local DJI dealer. After unboxing the brand new AC, I proceeded to do the firmware upgrade (version 1.8.80) after charging both the RC and battery earlier in the day.

The AC upgraded successfully as according to the txt file but the same could not be said of the RC. The AC was constantly blinking Red, Green,Yellow in the rear led lights however after a restart. According to the manual, it just says self diagnostics?

I tried using the SD card adapter method as well as the USB drive method. Both resulted in the RC not being able to attain the blue led light status and then subsequently beeping until it switches itself off.

I tried the mobile app method which showed me a Successfully updated message. After rebooting the RC, all I get is a constant beeping sound.

This is what I see through the app.

b934c34c6aef316b8ad41962436f17bc.jpg

Tried the firmware upgrade through the mobile twice. Both gave the same result.

Anyone else had this problem?

I've since brought it back to the dealer but it looks like the firmware upgrade messed up the RC?

Phantom 3 Professional
iPhone 6 / iPad 3

I would take it back the to store for a replacement or refund. I'm running 1.4 on the aircraft and 1.5.7 on the RC. I have no plans on updating. Everything works fine.

Reactions: Raftcomm
I got the P3A a couple weeks ago; upgraded firmware on AC fine, RC not so easy. Had to downgrade firmware on iPhone to 9.3.1 in order for the firmware to update on RC from DJI go app. I used an old iPhone 5 laying around because I didn't want to downgrade my 6. Good to go after that though. Very happy with P3A. Hope this helps

On a side note, you or anyone else have any thoughts/experience with UAVBITS CF Subframe?...to prevent any future lost flight time

I got the P3A a couple weeks ago; upgraded firmware on AC fine, RC not so easy. Had to downgrade firmware on iPhone to 9.3.1 in order for the firmware to update on RC from DJI go app. I used an old iPhone 5 laying around because I didn't want to downgrade my 6. Good to go after that though. Very happy with P3A. Hope this helps

Wow it required changing the firmware on the iPhone? Seems a little drastic to upgrade the RC firmware. Glad that you managed to sort it out in the end though.

A firmware update really shouldn't need to be this cumbersome. Here's hoping I can get some air time next week. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20