Actual Repair Experiences

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding actual repair experiences from people who went through the entire process. I sent me P3P in for repair and the tracking says DJI received it yesterday, although they have not checked it in.

One person said they have been waiting 7 weeks for DJI to check in their Phantom for repair and still haven't heard. Is that a typical experience?? Another member also said something about DJI sending the unit back with no explanation of repair. Can anyone who has sent the unit in for repair and received it back comment on the experience? I am starting to regret sending it in at all. I just didn't feel comfortable working on it myself.

One person said they have been waiting 7 weeks
This is the typical wait time for any type of DJI repair. I've only seen a few people mention they received their Phantom back in less than one month.

Dji will send you and email telling you when your quad has been place in the repair que. they will give you info on how to access the zendesk to see the repair status. It take a week to two to get it from receiving to the repair line once there the technicians will send you info where yours is in the que, and tell you from that point it will be 4-6 weeks for repair. Then you will be notified when repairs are completed and the anticipated shipping date. You will get a final email telling you when it was shipped with a tracking number. With the tracking number you can follow its route and its delivery date back to you. This entire process can be from 6-9'weeks door to door. Be patient, takes time but the system works.

Reactions: storrowdrive
Dji will send you and email telling you when your quad has been place in the repair que. they will give you info on how to access the zendesk to see the repair status. It take a week to two to get it from receiving to the repair line once there the technicians will send you info where yours is in the que, and tell you from that point it will be 4-6 weeks for repair. Then you will be notified when repairs are completed and the anticipated shipping date. You will get a final email telling you when it was shipped with a tracking number. With the tracking number you can follow its route and its delivery date back to you. This entire process can be from 6-9'weeks door to door. Be patient, takes time but the system works.
At DJi Europe you dont get any info mail or status mail, after 5-6 weeks the UPS driver will visit you without any warning.

That's a bummer. DJI process says they email you. Oh well reality is the truth. Sorry they don't treat you guys better.

That's a bummer. DJI process says they email you. Oh well reality is the truth. Sorry they don't treat you guys better.
I had 3 RMAs and i never got any email from DJI about the status, not even if they received my Phantom. The only mail i got was yesterday evening from UPS that they will visit me today. Dont know why UPS send me that message and before they also did nothing

My experience (so-far) with DJI North America:

6/2: RMA issued / P3P shipped to DJI
6/9: DJI confirmed check-in
7/20: DJI sent notice that the repair was complete and invoice with repair details; I paid the invoice via PayPal
7/21: DJI confirmed payment
7/27: DJI sent shipment notification / tracking number
7/27: DJI sent request to rate their service (satisfied / not-satisfied)
ETA 7/30: P3P arrives home
TBD after flight test: I will respond to their service rating request

So far, I am satisfied.

My experience (so-far) with DJI North America:

6/2: RMA issued / P3P shipped to DJI
6/9: DJI confirmed check-in
7/20: DJI sent notice that the repair was complete and invoice with repair details; I paid the invoice via PayPal
7/21: DJI confirmed payment
7/27: DJI sent shipment notification / tracking number
7/27: DJI sent request to rate their service (satisfied / not-satisfied)
ETA 7/30: P3P arrives home
TBD after flight test: I will respond to their service rating request

So far, I am satisfied.

Can I ask what was broken and what they charged for it?

Can I ask what was broken and what they charged for it?

I crashed into a tree and broke the gimbal/camera off. Also tweaked the shell.

Phantom 3 adv/pro bottom cover modules: $8.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro top cover module: $5.00
CW motor: $29.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro Roll-Axis modules: $38.00
Ribbon cable: $14.00
1.5 hrs of repair time at $65 per hour: $98.00
Total: $192.00

Was happy to see that the camera/gimbal was not sold as an assembly.

Reactions: storrowdrive
Food for thought - you could send it in to one of the local repair shops not affiliated with DJI. I sent mine to UAV Repair Shop and got it back just a few days later. Broken gimbal arm and ribbon cable. Although, I can't say the price was cheap ... $380 and I have had a "Gimbal Overload" error that can't be explained now. And while everything seems to be in working order, the ribbon cable wasn't quite installed completely and needed to be zip tied to prevent the gimbal from hitting it and getting caught up. So it was nice to get it back so quickly but disappointing that it wasn't completely repaired to satisfaction.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20