Activetrack: side panning or circling shots possible?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had my Phantom 4 out for the first flight, and was testing out ActiveTrack which worked as advertised. I was able to get the drone to follow me from behind and to follow me from directly in front. One thing that I was not able to do was to get the drone to follow me from the side. So I was wondering, is it possible to have activetrack track the subject from the side (i.e. fly to the left or right of the subject while the subject is moving)? Also, is it possible to have the drone fly circles around the activetrack subject?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice, learning lots from the people on this board.

I don't think it can fly circles around active track subjects. I am waiting for Litchi to come out with their update for android , because they have orbit mode.

The only way I was able to get it to follow from the side was to hold the pitch left or right until it got beside me and then I had to keep adjusting to keep it there. When I wanted it to circle me I would hold the pitch in either direction. However, when the P4 circles around and is going in the opposite direction of the target. It can lose track ff it is done too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I made another video showing this. It will be up tomorrow. I'll post a link here for you.

I made another video showing this. It will be up tomorrow. I'll post a link here for you.

Great thanks, I look forward to seeing it. I am hoping that in a subsequent software update DJI will integrate side panning into ActiveTrack as it would open up many more creative possiblities.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl