ACTIVE Tracking QUESTION (with video)

A-P

Reaction score
Have you noticed a green arrow pointing to either left or right when Active Tracking is engaged? What does that arrow mean or point to?!?

You can see that in this video (from 2:05 to 2:17):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've seen that small green arrow during ActiveTrack before and it was pointing in the direction the Phantom was sensing an object which it tried to avoid, granted there was no object there but it was when on snow and there were dark patches in the area which I think confused it.

In reality the green pointer is showing the direction the drone is trying to move in order to avoid an obstacle.
In your video, the part on the water, there is no imminent object in your path, and it becomes active. The key word here is water! The reflection of the water patches and the sun makes the system a bit confused. Try the same exercise closer to mid day and with no water around, I believe it will behave differently. That's my 5 cents.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Romonaga
I wonder if this is where a sonar based obstacle avoidance would perform better.

It might, but don't know which one will use less power, thus giving a better flight time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers