Active track - has this been done

MTH

Reaction score
Just watched and older YT Video where someone put the controller for a quad on a RC truck and had the quad follow the truck around the desert.
My question is: could you use active track on another quad or could you, somehow, attach the remote for one quad to another and have 1 quad follow the other?

Active track, maybe. You would need a good background that gave you plenty of contrast between the bird and the background. And wouldn't want to move the target bird too quickly so as not to loose track. RC on the quad? I wouldn't. by the time you get the RC and tablet/phone on, you've got a lot of weight on the target and no way to control the tracking bird if/when something goes wrong!

Active Track will do this quite nicely so long as you follow from enough above that the target is clearly visible against the ground as a background, and you do not exceed the P mode speed limits with the subject -- otherwise the filming drone will not be able to keep up.

I remember a video where they put an r/c on a remote plane and the quad followed really well.

Also just remembered the drone video "Follow the leader" . Very cool vid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers