Active track disabled after firmware rollback

Reaction score
After the latest P4 firmware upgrade my bird had all the new flight modes but was horribly unstable at speed. After performing the rollback to previous version that gyrex posted in the update thread, flight is smooth again but active track isnt locking onto a target any more. Green square can be drawn but immediately vanishes with no options. Running a Samsung S7 phone and galaxy tab A 8.0 (that can be a real turd to connect). Any ideas out there?

After the latest P4 firmware upgrade my bird had all the new flight modes but was horribly unstable at speed. After performing the rollback to previous version that gyrex posted in the update thread, flight is smooth again but active track isnt locking onto a target any more. Green square can be drawn but immediately vanishes with no options. Running a Samsung S7 phone and galaxy tab A 8.0 (that can be a real turd to connect). Any ideas out there?
Got some time to re-do the firmware rollback and test today. Great success. Flying smoothly and active track working well again. Also noticed with the previous bad install that the battery lights didn't turn off normally at shut down. The process was taking longer than normal. All good now though. Just as well, got school and farm flyover jobs coming up.

I've experienced exactly the same instability issue after the update to v02.00.0106. I have another thread on this forum on just this topic.

Tonight I have rolled back to v01.02.0602, the last version that was on this P4. I've not had a chance to fly with it yet, but notice that it takes longer than usual to power off the P4, although the battery lights do appear to be the usual response. I will try a re-flash to v01.02.0602 and see if that helps.

Edit: It helped! Now powers off normally and quickly as before. How very odd that a re-flash is necessary.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik