Activation after problems replacing ESC main board

Reaction score
I went through this same issue some time ago and I dont recall what the solution was now, and I can't find any step by step instructions on how to activate aircraft (P3P) after replacing the ESC main board.

When I start everything up, in the DJI Go app and then the aircraft, it connects, but won't start the props, only get a msg stating "Activate Aircraft".

Oh, and no prompts appear either on the app either as far as Activation.

My app & tablet is fine, my other P3P connect fine and flies fine so there's no issue there,

Any help would be appreciated

I went through this same issue some time ago and I dont recall what the solution was now, and I can't find any step by step instructions on how to activate aircraft (P3P) after replacing the ESC main board.

When I start everything up, in the DJI Go app and then the aircraft, it connects, but won't start the props, only get a msg stating "Activate Aircraft".

Oh, and no prompts appear either on the app either as far as Activation.

My app & tablet is fine, my other P3P connect fine and flies fine so there's no issue there,

Any help would be appreciated

Since you've said that the RC and the P3P are already linked, are you able to do these steps?

Restart your tablet.
Tablet on, no cable connected, GO app closed.
Power up your RC.
Power up your P3P.
Launch the GO app.
Select your drone. (Camera view should be grayed out since your tablet is not yet connected)
Connect your tablet to your RC with the cable. (Camera view should now be active)
Tap "Next".
Choose a name for your P3P.
Tap "Continue"
Select a mode (Mode 2 is the default)
Tap "Continue"
Tap "Continue" to pass the custom buttons
Select the units and video out you prefer.
Tap "Continue"
Choose beginner mode or not.
Tap "Continue"
Sign in using your DJI account.
Tap "Connect to Server" to continue.
Tap "Activate" to register the drone under your account.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I gave your directions a try, but the part where you say "tap next" well next doesn't show !

Question though, I dont know if this is relavent or not, but my camera / gimbal assembly is not mounted on the aircraft. I haven't dug into that to see what damage was done, I figured first things first.fix the aircraft then the gimbal. I could take the gimbal off of my other P3P and mount it if you think that may make a difference.

I know it can be flown without a camera / gimbal assembly, but of course thats always been with an aircraft already activated .

It appears that you do indeed have to have gimbal and camera mounted in order for the activation process to initiate.

Go figure !

Thanks

It appears that you do indeed have to have gimbal and camera mounted in order for the activation process to initiate.

Go figure !

Thanks
Not having the gimbal/camera attached would certainly have been a good thing to mention right off. Several of us would have let you know early on that it would cause a problem since that is what differentiates a Pro from an Advanced. Just an FYI for when you continue working on your P3, you also need the gimbal/camera attached to do a FW update.

I'm glad you got it sorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Hello Elbert, I have the same issue. Did you solv the problem?

Greetings

Beste Grüsse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic