Access to camera MicroSD Card via SSH FTP or other means?

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to access the Camera MicroSD Card for reading and writing via SSH / FTP or alternate protocol? (I'm aware it possible to access contact via HTTP 80/81 but i'm looking to access at the file level).

With Thanks,

Serpent

Re: Access to camera MicroSD Card via SSH FTP or other means

You have sparked my interest... just eating some ice cream and then I will try lol.. I'm thinking perhaps its mounted so scp might work.
standby a few mins...

Ok connet PC to phantom wifi and then if you SSH into 192.168.1.1 /dev/sda1 is mounted to /mnt/sda1... there is nothing there.. if you connect into DJI App and click on the album the Sdcard gets mounted.. you can quit app/turn off your device at this point...but obviously keep laptop on and connected to wifi
so the files are now in /mnt/sda1/DCIM/100MEDIA and you can scp in via the laptop to grap the files.

You might find you may not even need to access the DJI APP/Album from your phone (I rebooted phantom and a couple of times to test the procedure... and somtimes the sdcard was mounted in /mnt/sda1 other times it was not (/mnt/sda1 was empty)....but loading up the app seems to make sure it mounted every time just incase.

username root: password: 19881209

To be honest, the Phantom gets to hot when its on and not running for my likings... so I just plug sdcard into a caddy thing and then into laptop.. but if its not an option SCP is pretty cool... I learn't something tonight :)

Come on guys, you didn't think to ask me? :lol:

The app accesses it through simple HTTP believe it or not.

REMOTE_ALBUM_ROOT = "http://192.168.1.1:81/DCIM/";
ALBUM_NAME = "/DJI_DCIM";
ALBUM_THUMBNAIL = "/DJI_DCIM/TMP";

But beats me if you'll be able to actually access it without passing some specific commands.

Think he wanted non HTTP way :)

Thanks for that info though... where did you find tgose variables/??. Do you have the SDK/api ??

Hi Justin,

That's really awesome. Thanks for sharing.
It looks like the memory card cannot be opened via SSH/SCP and DJI app in the same time.
Curious why the memory card would be connected to the main controller (on IP .1) and not the camera (on IP .10). Does that mean the camera is writing via the main controller when in normal use?

Thanks again.

If you are in the directory it can't mount/unmount via the App..... e.g if you cd to /mnt/sda1 and open the app it can't mount it because you are in the directory and it can't write to it.

Also you have the IPs confused!! .1 is the camera and 2 is the RE... makes more sense now I imagine :)

Actually regarding the IP's the camera is on .10 (root password 123456) and drone on .1 and RE on .2
I was curious as to why the Micro SD Card reader is connected to the drone and not directly to the camera.

yeah but for the sake of conversation login to .1 to get sd card contents...

Can .10 give/do anything exciting ? I've spent most of my time looking around .1 and .2.... ??

Eager to learn more linux tricks of the Phantom... .10 seems to be running some type of encode program.. I assume it is only active when you record.. ? Might do testing later, atm am working on something very cool if it works (which it probably wont' lol)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic