Access the Photos without removing the SD card?

Reaction score
Hello!
I can view the videos I took in the Pilot App user center. I can view pictures in the flight record "moments" as well, but the pictures are very tiny. Are they stored in better quality somewhere on the phone? Just asking because its kinda annoying to first take the photos from the SD card, put them onto the PC and send them to the phone (unfortnally my device has no SD card slot).

I just wonder, why can I watch the videos with my android (HTC one M7) and not the photos - at least not in full screen view?

Maybe I was a bit unprecise when stating the problem...
After taking videos with the official DJI app, the videos are visible and viewable in the smartphone gallery.
But Photos arent. ATM I have to take the SD card out of the P3, insert the card into my PC, connect my Android phone to the PC and copy over the Pics from the SD card to my phone.
So, why are Videos playble after shootings and Pictures arent?

Even if there would be something like i-flashdrive for android, I still need to exit the SD card from the P3 and connect it with my smartphone.

Click the button at the top of your controller. There are two of them, click the lower one then turn the dial next to the buttons and you can view all photos on your device while P3, controller and tablet or phone are on. You will see the videos will have the play arrow in middle of pic. Touch that to start video

Unfortunally the phone has to be conected with the remote and the P3. I knwe that option before but thanks. I meant, lets say you re visiting your partens and want to show them the fotos you took.But you can show only the vids.

After taking videos with the official DJI app, the videos are visible and viewable in the smartphone gallery.
But Photos arent.
So, why are Videos playable after shootings and Pictures arent?
The videos you are seeing are only small cached versions - not the full resolution videos you've been taking.
They are good for previews but not much else.
They are stored in the app but the full videos you shot are on the SD card with your photos.
ATM I have to take the SD card out of the P3, insert the card into my PC, connect my Android phone to the PC and copy over the Pics from the SD card to my phone.
That's what most people do -(except copying to their phone).

Last edited:
Instead of taking the card out can we load images from the micro usb port on the P3 gimbal to,,,anything? or wont it work like that?

Or ... you can do this - but it's slower and more cumbersome than removing the card.
i-B8nvHWn-L.jpg

Instead of taking the card out can we load images from the micro usb port on the P3 gimbal to,,,anything? or wont it work like that?
Yes, as shown above, you can use a micro to micro usb UTG on most tablets, works great on my Tab S, look for a lightning to micro usb cable and try it. I hate removing the card.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MD820ZM...r=8-1&keywords=lightning+to+micro+usb+adapter

http://www.amazon.com/CELL-TECH®-Em...&sr=8-3&keywords=lightning+to+micro+usb+cable

Last edited:
I can't read amy 64GB SDXC card with the USB cable, I can playback the 4K videos on it with the Pilot App. I can read a 32GB SDHC card that came with the P3. I formatted the 64GB card in the camera using the Pilot App, do I need a special program on my Win7 laptop to read the card format with a USB cable or an external USB SD card reader?

You can also get a SD card reader for micro SD or SD which would slide the card into the USB then attaches to an adapter that you can purchase for either IOS or Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20