Absolutely NO lift with 9450's??

Reaction score
So I picked up a set of genuine DJI 9450's from the local hobby shop yesterday. Finally got around to putting them on today for a test flight. I could not get her to fly. I had the throttle wide open and she made a glorious noise, but not even a wiggle towards lift. :eek::mad: I made sure i had a full battery and even switched back to stock props. She flew great in that scenario.

I really don't know what I could have done wrong. Could anyone shed some light on why this thing won't fly??

Props on wrong motors creating down force instead?

Too much pitch (drag) for the motors?

Don't doubt your abilities but what else could it be???

Reactions: SilverStone641
Props on wrong motors creating down force instead?

Too much pitch (drag) for the motors?

Don't doubt your abilities but what else could it be???

I'm totally with you man. I tried to shift the props one motor to the right, but the threads won't even grab. This seems to be the only configuration in which they will attach to the quad. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

What version is your P1? Did it come w/the self-tightening props? I get great lift with the 9450s on a P1.1.1.

Reactions: IflyinWY
So I picked up a set of genuine DJI 9450's from the local hobby shop yesterday. Finally got around to putting them on today for a test flight. I could not get her to fly. I had the throttle wide open and she made a glorious noise, but not even a wiggle towards lift. :eek::mad: I made sure i had a full battery and even switched back to stock props. She flew great in that scenario.

I really don't know what I could have done wrong. Could anyone shed some light on why this thing won't fly??

I've gotta start with the Avatar... that's the funniest I have ever seen.
Ya get a 10 for that. :D

Perhaps the internal nuts are in the wrong prop. Did you notice if the air was moving up while the bird was running?

Have you done a close visual inspection on the props? Take a look at the pitch and make sure they are shaped as they should be. Put one of them right next to a stock prop and see if they look similar, pitch wise. You might want to stop by the hobby shop and ask if anyone else has had problems with the props recently. Maybe they sat in the sun for a period of time and flattened themselves out.

I've been using DJI 9450s on my FC40 and P1 without issue.

Well guys, thank you for all your help, but I think I did this (at least in part) to myself. I tried to take her out for a test flight last night and noticed that two of my motor spindles are quite stripped. (the two that hold the black-hubbed 9450s) I feel like a fool for not catching this earlier. It appears that the props are tightening down, but as soon as I hit the throttle, they come loose. This, I'm guessing, would be why I can't actually fly this thing. The old props obviously didn't have this issue, as they were keyed and didn't spin loose. I'm honestly shocked I haven't experienced catastrophic failure earlier. Given how badly it's stripped it's amazing it's held together this long.

This isn't entirely surprising as this is a second-hand P1. (Got it from a buddy that decided it wasn't his hobby of choice) Like an idiot I haven't been checking it as closely as I thought I was.

My question now, is there any where to buy replacement motor spindles??

Not sure about spindles only but motors should be available.
Have you looked for them yet?

Less that $20 IIR.

Not sure about spindles only but motors should be available.
Have you looked for them yet?

Less that $20 IIR.
Yeah, I found a couple. I even considered upgrading them while I'm at it. I was just curious if there was a cheaper option.

Reactions: SilverStone641

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie