About to give up.- I gave up

Reaction score
I have a P3A and a P4P and fly in the same area and general time of day.

With my P4P, I get “Aircraft Disconnected” and “Compass Errors” but none with my P3A flying in the same area. The antennas are orientated the same on each radio and both are on 5.8 GHz. I’m using an iPad Pro with DJI Go4 and DJI Go.

I will be flying along with everything working normally when all of a sudden, the screen will go blank and “Aircraft Disconnected” appears in top left corner. Since occurring about .25 miles out I have kept it closer to me. As for “Compass Error”, everything is going fine and then suddenly I get the error. When this occurs, I’ll head back to my home point. Some times the error goes away and returns to GPS mode and other times I’ll land shut-down and restart and the compass error is gone for the remainder of the flight.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tom

Like you......i have also suffered a issue like this....i'm on 2.4 Ghz tho......i'm watching your thread....lets Hope that you get a few great very helpful answers asap !

Tom: We use a P4P+ and haven’t experienced hardly any problems. It’s a great piece of equipment. There are a number of very knowledgeable people on this forum who will be able to solve your problem, so don’t give up.

Flying in a remote area, we’re easily able to get 3-4 miles or more distance unless a hill or mountain gets in the way between the drone and us - in which case there is a disconnection and the drone will automatically fly back to the home point (reset before each takeoff).

Meanwhile, I assume you’ve tried resetting everything to default?

I’m bumping this to the top of the page with the hope that someone more technically experienced than myself can help Tom as his question still hasn’t been answered. This forum has many such helpful members.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Does the aircraft itself actually lose the connection to the RC or is it just the video downlink? What color is the remote controller status light when it loses the connection? To me it almost sounds like a weak connection between the gear leg antenna and connection to the mainboard.

Reactions: FlyingUser
Does the aircraft itself actually lose the connection to the RC or is it just the video downlink? What color is the remote controller status light when it loses the connection? To me it almost sounds like a weak connection between the gear leg antenna and connection to the mainboard.

I would lose everything and P4P would return home. As for the color on the RC, I do not know in that I am color blind. My P3A flies great at same location.

One of our new Land Rover Defenders had an initial problem, but we didn’t trade it in for a different vehicle - because we’d originally done our homework and decided a Defender was the best 4WD for us. It’s since had over a decade of tough driving without any major mechanical or electrical problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik