About to buy a Phantom 2, any advice would be great!

Reaction score
I found a deal online for a Phantom 2 and needed some advice on whether to buy the drone or not.

The owner says that it flies, but that the battery has reached a 95% critical battery life so the drone will only fly for a few minutes before returning home. He says that all it needs is a new battery and it will be good as new. I'm not sure if this is something legit that happens to the Phantom batteries or if it could be a bigger problem with the drone itself.

Here's a screenshot that he sent of the battery info from the software.

Thanks for any help you can give! He's selling it for $500 with the Go Pro 3 gimbal.
Photo Jul 23, 12 48 09 PM.png

There are a lot of threads on this topic. It is true that some batteries exhibit low voltage after about 40 cycles and can only be used for about 8 minutes. If you bought a new battery, you wouldn't have that issue.

What version is the phantom ? What gimbal ?
If it where me when it comes to RC anything I would rather have new because you never know has it been crashed ? How many flights ?
For $699 you can get version 2 with H4 gimbal & for little less you can get version 2 with H3 gimbal NEW .
So you will spend about $100 on a new battery ..
Oh yea Welcome to the forum :D
Have any more questions ask some good people here

Reactions: JKDSensei and Ti22
Tend to agree with 750r

To each his own but I'd be worried about buying someone else's problems. Personally I'd probably go for new. That said, I'm sure if you bought from a forum member here you'd "probably" be more likely to do better as long as they had a history with that drone here.

If it is literally just the P2 with gimbal for effectively 600$, then I would say it is too expensive compared to new. If there is an FPV kit included including monitor and IOS-D, then that might make it a more viable proposition.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic