About Return To Home mode

Reaction score
Let's say I take off near a bunch of trees as the home point, fly till the point that I have no choice but to activate the failsafe function, the quad returns to home but since it is not 100% accurate it hovers below the trees and proceeds to land itself, is there any way to regain full control and manually land the quad yourself once you see it coming close to you and out of danger (trees)?

This is just a what-if scenario, didn't happen though. Just need to know in case I'm faced with this situation.

Yes, the top right switch on your controller, flip it all the way down and all the way back up again. Viola! You are back in control!

phantomnoobpilot said:
Let's say I .... fly till the point that I have no choice but to activate the failsafe function
1. You don't get to a point where you have no option but to activate failsafe. You can fly your bird back yourself.
Couchie has answered your question but another thing to consider if you have trees nearby. Trees are the number one enemy of Phantoms. Before you fly away think about what trees might get between your Phantom and home if it attempts to RTH. If there are trees on the path, you should reset home point to a safe level well above the tree height so your bird has a clear path to come home on.

Much better to think this out before you have an Oh No moment

Also important to note -- I don't think flipping the S1 switch will have any effect if flying in Phantom mode.

msinger said:
Also important to note -- I don't think flipping the S1 switch will have any effect if flying in Phantom mode.

Flipping the switch down in Phantom mode does give you control

Nope. It's too hard to read it :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20