Aborted mission

Reaction score
"Dared" a longer mission yesterday with out of range distance. To my surprise when the link was lost the P3A initiated return to home and came back successfully. I was following it by a GPS tracker so no dramatic moments except that I do not understand why it happened this way.
The app was lichi. The firmwares are the latest on ac and rc.
Tried to find respective place in lichi where to determine the behavior during missions when loosing the connection to rc but without success.
Searched the forum here - no answer as well trough the search tool.
Here the link to air data - Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

So either I am missing something in the mission preparation or there is something else which explains this strange behavior.
Any ideas / answers will be appreciated.

Regards

If you are flying in manual mode, you have the same signal lost options as in the Go app, 'rth', 'hover' or 'land'. Touch the gear icon and go to "Program Settings" ( read page 6 in the manual). In Mission mode, the aircraft completes the mission if RC signal is lost then executes the programmed end of mission operation (page 23)

Reactions: boyan
If you have "smart go home" enabled the AC will initiate RTH when it determines it has enough battery remaining to safely make it back to the home point. It would seem the algorithm determining remaining power is very conservative.

Seems you are right With the birds. Battery related Smart Go Home could be the explanation. As you say it must be very conservative since at the point where a start to return battery was about 70% left. The whole mission was planed for 12 min in duration which is well within the capacity of the battery.
Will give another try of the same mission.

Litchi has an issue with smart RTH, I've mentioned it to them but it needs an sdk fix by DJI. If you're confident then disable smart battery in the DJI app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues