Abnormal Status and aircraft upgrade error

Reaction score
My advanced shows a "Latest Firmware!" in the overall status, then has a red warning with "abnormal". When you click on it, it says "aircraft upgrade error". I have reformatted the sd card and loaded the newest(same as I already had) firmware. When I try loading it into the AC, all I get is a constant buzz with a continual beep in the back ground. It sounds like it is coming from the gimbal. The light on the front of the gimbal goes from green to red, and stays red. It says it is "ready to go", but the buzzing has me worried, because it didn't used to sound like this. Any suggestions. Oh, when I put that sd card back in for it to start updating, it won't do anything but buzz at me.

Thanks for any help y'all.

Screenshot_20170402-104710.jpg

Can you click on the right arrow next to "abnormal" and post a screenshot of that page?

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have twin 8 month olds and it gets busy. I will get a shot of both. Where is the about screen?

My advanced shows a "Latest Firmware!" in the overall status, then has a red warning with "abnormal". When you click on it, it says "aircraft upgrade error". I have reformatted the sd card and loaded the newest(same as I already had) firmware. When I try loading it into the AC, all I get is a constant buzz with a continual beep in the back ground. It sounds like it is coming from the gimbal. The light on the front of the gimbal goes from green to red, and stays red. It says it is "ready to go", but the buzzing has me worried, because it didn't used to sound like this. Any suggestions. Oh, when I put that sd card back in for it to start updating, it won't do anything but buzz at me.

Thanks for any help y'all.
Has it done many flights,,all I'm thinking is reinstalling app ,,that will come with correct firmware,,,,maybe...:)

Also I started having issues with the live feed. It is lagging and cuts out. It started this out of the blue.

Question is if the problem is the firmware install or corrupt app. Any chance you can try with another mobile device?
Could be firmware on battery is off.

Keep in mind that a bunch of newbs like me are reading your post to get an idea of what else can go wrong with these birds. 91 reads with no response ain't that bad; I posted a fascinating question about whether or not you could fly further in ground effect and the great grandchildren of the original crickets chirping on that thread are working it now. Everyone who read that post and failed to respond has made a powerful enemy and I will deal with you all after Mom calls me upstairs for Mac and cheese.....

Reactions: okiebuckout
Rerun the upgrade and post the results of the text file that appears on the SD card, it could be a module that hasn't upgraded correctly. Make sure you delete any text files on the SD card before running the upgrade.

Rerun the upgrade and post the results of the text file that appears on the SD card, it could be a module that hasn't upgraded correctly. Make sure you delete any text files on the SD card before running the upgrade.
So should i delete, then reformat the sd?

Question is if the problem is the firmware install or corrupt app. Any chance you can try with another mobile device?
I have a tablet that i haven't used yet. I will see if it will work, or try my wife's S6.

How do you get the correct firmware for the battery? I am not a real computer savvy person.

Firmware for the battery is included in the firmware package. Not all updates needed to update the battery.
If battery needs update, leave SD card containing the BIN file. If the AC sees the battery has older firmware than what's in the BIN file, it will update.
You'll get a few DD DD DD, then when done it will do the triple D.

Yes, as long as the bin file is still on the mounted SD card.
Best practice when you know you have battery firmware updates:
Insert SD card with firmware, let AC complete firmware update which can take as long as 30 minutes.
Once complete, power off AC/battery.
Remove battery, put in next battery, power on AC.
Update process will start again but not take nearly as long.
Rinse, lather, repeat for remaining batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic