AA batteries

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happens when your batteries run out on your controller? Is there an icon that shows up on the screen? How long should I give it before I replace them if not? Nothing in the manual about this. Just don't want to lose control of the control during a flight!

Page 13, section 3.1 & 3.2 of the manual explains the low battery status alerts.

Hope that helps.

Code:
(1) Please make sure the batteries have enough capacity before use. If the low voltage warning alert sounds (refer to the <Remote Controller Power Indicator Status Information>), please replace batteries as soon as possible.

Attachments

• 2014-04-24_14-51-25.png
    2014-04-24_14-51-25.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 480
the controller will beep a low battery warning if I am not mistaken. it did on mine..i did not double checked, I just replace the battery immediately for fear of flyaway.

if the low battery beeps are true, then the controller is eating up the energizer alkaline battery quite fast, like within 1+ weeks. may want to explore to try lipo battery or li-io as an option for the controller.

I use sanyo eneloop NiMH rechargeables and charge after each session (same as wifi extender). Has worked great so far.

davephantom said:
I use sanyo eneloop NiMH rechargeables and charge after each session (same as wifi extender). Has worked great so far.

+1

Since rechargeables only have so many charge/discharge cycles, I charge mine when actually needed, which seems to be about after every 30 flights or so. Ive seen no difference in transmitter/control distance from first charge to after 29 flights post charge later.

phantomguy said:
Since rechargeables only have so many charge/discharge cycles, I charge mine when actually needed, which seems to be about after every 30 flights or so. Ive seen no difference in transmitter/control distance from first charge to after 29 flights post charge later.

Yea, I should have mentioned I support the Eneloop choice, not necessarily the charge frequency.

i just recently bought a 12 pack of enloop as well.
they are in my controller and I have fully charged spares in my case.
They hold a charge for a good amount of time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj