A tip for anyone installing the Titan Drones antenna system

Reaction score
This should be completely self evident, but somehow I missed it. The antenna leads inside the remote can’t be touching, or it won’t perform correctly. I’m waiting for the mailman to deliver my Cyclone, and will report back on the difference rerouting the leads makes.
Update:Just got back, made it 15,000' with the 2.4GHz Titan Atlas with significant tree interference.

Last edited:
This should be completely self evident, but somehow I missed it. The antenna leads inside the remote can’t be touching, or it won’t perform correctly. I’m waiting for the mailman to deliver my Cyclone, and will report back on the difference rerouting the leads makes.
Update:Just got back, made it 15,000' with the 2.4GHz Titan Atlas with significant tree interference.
Where were they touching? Was it at the connection points for each cable. Looks like that could be a tough spot to keep them separated. I'm curious to know where you had them touching and how you corrected it. Thanks.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Where were they touching? Was it at the connection points for each cable. Looks like that could be a tough spot to keep them separated. I'm curious to know where you had them touching and how you corrected it. Thanks.
I had both leads routed down the center channel, and that's where they were touching, as their instructional video just stressed keeping them out of the way of the joysticks, so that's what I was focused on. I went in and rerouted one to the outside right, it's not perfect, it would be optimal to go underneath the controllers.

I had both leads routed down the center channel, and that's where they were touching, as their instructional video just stressed keeping them out of the way of the joysticks, so that's what I was focused on. I went in and rerouted one to the outside right, it's not perfect, it would be optimal to go underneath the controllers.
Oh I see. Yeah it would be tempting to route both down the center to avoid the underneath routing. I guess they do need the separation though. I wonder if doing some twists of electrical tape on each cable would be enough to insulate them enough to route both down the center. I guess I'll just end up routing them the right way though, so I don't have to reopen the remote. I really think I'm gonna get the switch. I'm just not thrilled with the reliability of my signal even at 2k' out. The switch is the most cost effective way to get both the whips and panel so I'll end up getting that soon.

Reactions: Ripper7620

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20