A thought....

Reaction score
Just a thought but I think it would be a good idea if you could 'park' the gimbal pointing straight up, this would give more clearance and protect the camera when landing/taking off on rough terrain, I know you can 'catch it' and I sometimes do but how many people hand launch? When my bird is sitting on the ground and it's not perfectly flat, the gimbal is constantly trying to adjust it's self and can't, long term I am sure that's not good. I often take off from the storage case but sometimes I fly a good distance from my car and that case is quite heavy!

my friends and I have hand launched plenty of times... you really need 2 people I've been both pilot and launcher

I still wait for the GPS Home-point lock of course but then someone holds the Phantom above their head (as level as possible) while grabbing onto the "bottom" of the landing skids. Blades on, full throttle for 2-3 seconds and the person holding the Phantom should feel it trying to pull out of their hands. at that point if they simply let go zoom! the Phantom is going up.

If you point the camera straight down at them before takeoff it makes for a neat video

Here's my solution to that issue...I found a small cutting board and added some adjustable legs to the bottom, it makes a great portable launch pad which gets it up off the ground/grass, and also let's me set it level regardless of the terrain.

sm7gKHIl.jpg

owIxjvKl.jpg

5QzeoYhl.jpg

that's a really good solution

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj