A Search, not for Quad

Reaction score
This time of the year in Michigan you normally do not have a day of sunshine and warm temperature. So today was rare. With that in mind, I decided to do what most would consider a hundred million to one chance of locating something that was lost. After carefully checking the video of where I took the quad and lost one of the 5.8 antennas, I thought a nice walk in the grassy sand dunes would be fun. After all, there was the very small chance one could just walk right up to the lost antenna and be happy to have found it. The area as can be seen in the pictures below is open beach sand, grass mix, and full, thick beach grass. With a nice Southwest wind about 10-12 miles per hour and 66 degrees it made the hike a great day at the beach. Taking a hike was something I have done many, many times in the Great Southwest of the USA. So this was just a short stroll. That all came to an end with the 2008 recession. So up and down the dunes looking for a nice shiny brass connector was like looking for a needle in a stack of needles.
That area along the beach in Summer is saturated with people. No one around this time of year. Only on the road that runs along the beach. But, what makes the trip a sad story, is all the trash that was left by the Summer and local people. A bottle here, a pop can there. Even four double A batteries. Almost everything you can imagine. The only item out there that belonged was the skeleton of a sea gull. I checked for a leg band, but found none. It is sad there are people that cannot take their trash with them and must drop it in such a beautiful area. After about a 2-1/2 mile trip, and not finding the antenna, it was time to go home.

Attachments

• Beach Antenna3A.jpg
    Beach Antenna3A.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 428
  • Beach Antenna2.jpg
    Beach Antenna2.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 389
  • Beach Antenna1A.jpg
    Beach Antenna1A.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 386
The beach in town on July 5th is covered with people and detectors. I have often thought about going that early morning.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj