A Sad Christmas Story

Reaction score
NOTE: The names in this fictional story were picked at random and any similarities with anyone on this discussion forum is purely coincidental.
Jack: Hi, Bill. How's it going?
Bill: Not too bad. You should see what I got for Christmas.
Jack: Uhmmm, socks, slippers, shirts, and boots would be my guess.
Bill: No. I got a Phantom Drone.
Jack: Wow! That's great. Better than what I got.
Bill: It is nice. The battery is charging now and there is this other thing on a different charger also. They should be done by now. Want to watch it fly?
Jack: You bet! That would be fun. I have heard they fly themselves.
Bill: Ya, nothing to it. Let's check the battery right now. Well, it stopped blinking so it must be charged. That other thing is green so it must be ready also. Let's go out and have a blast.
Jack: You have a big yard here so we can fly here?
Bill: Yes, we'll pop it up here in the driveway.
Jack: What do you know or have read about your new toy?
Bill: What is there to learn? I found out how to charge the battery, put the props on, and start the motors. Remember they have GPS and fly without much work from you.
Jack: OK. Let's have some fun.
Bill: Well, let's see. Have to turn on the box thing, this switch, and it beeps. Then press the button on the battery two times. Then it is ready.
Jack: Hey, that is a slick sound. What are the flashing lights.
Bill: I guess so you can see it. Ya, they are real neat. I have to move these things down here and the motors will start.
Jack: Nice. They are going good. So what do you have to do now?
Bill: Not much. Just push this one up a bunch and it will go.
Jack: Wow! That was real neat Bill. It went way up and is just holding right there. Wait a second, Bill. It is heading away from us!
Bill: I CAN'T STOP IT! DAM! $#%^%$ IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN!
Jack: LOOK OUT BILL! IT IS GOING TO HIT THAT STREET LIGHT!
BANG! THUMP! SPLATTER!
Jack: Oh, Man, Bill. It crashed into the street. LOOK OUT!!!
CRUNCH!!!!
Jack: Uhmmm, Bill, that car drove right over your drone and he kept on going.
Bill: But.....but....these things have GPS and fly themselves. What the hell went wrong?
Jack: Did you read any manual about it?
Bill: Just enough to get it to fly. There should have been nothing to it. I don't understand..........
I really hope there are very few that fall into this scenario. But I bet there have been some........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dirkclod said:
:lol: Guess that is were RTFM came from ! Hope ya got it from Amazon Bill cause ya can send it back and they might send ya a new one back ;)
Can you just guess the expression on the face of the Amazon worker when he opened that package! :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik