A repeat of a most-asked question

Reaction score
OK...I convinced the family to trade -in the IPAD2 they got me. So I can get a mini or air on exchange.
Seems to be likers of both...don't know the cost difference....I tend to not use a lot of the higher tech options because im not very good at tech stuff....
Just need something that will be good if I get the P3advanced

( Im still deciding actually...years ago..when I was into telescopes, I bought a big 10In scope. Huge , heavy. The guy at the store said don't buy one that wont be easy to use....sure enough, after the newness wore off...I hardly ever set it up. Id like to think i'll get a cup of coffee and drive the 45 minutes to parks and things to fly...maybe get my butt active, but I don't know. I sometimes have the best intentions.... Im still thinking of ordering the P3advanced this weekend.)

mike
thanks again for all the patient help on this forum

www.apple.com for price difference.

I actually prefer my iPhone 6 plus to my iPad mini because the mini weighs more and I don't find the screen as bright. However... I do use it occasionally (like when I run out of battery on my iPhone). The air would be bigger yet and weigh more...

Glare is also a pretty big issue for me with the mini... less so for the Iphone 6 plus.

Best Buy is still having a sale on their Apple devices.

I use my Air 2 and love it. My iPhone 6+ is to small and my sons mini is not the same as the air 2. Plus I'm a tall guy and big hands so it feels right to me.

Reactions: FotoGeek
If you're going to go with an iPad, I recommend the mini 4 with cellular as the cellular capability gives you GPS even if you don't activate the cellular plan. The size of the mini fits nicely in the stock mobile holder on the P3 Adv/Pro remote controller. The iPad Air will also fit (when you expand the holder to its maximum size), but the weight makes it a little wobbly so it's best that if you use the Air you upgrade the mobile holder on the remote.

If you're going to go with an iPad, I recommend the mini 4 with cellular as the cellular capability gives you GPS even if you don't activate the cellular plan. The size of the mini fits nicely in the stock mobile holder on the P3 Adv/Pro remote controller. The iPad Air will also fit (when you expand the holder to its maximum size), but the weight makes it a little wobbly so it's best that if you use the Air you upgrade the mobile holder on the remote.
I recently upgraded from a Mini 3 to an Air 2 with Wifi and 3G and I am very pleased. Lots more real estate, more ram, more disk etc. No problem caching videos and maps.

It runs a lot cooler than the Mini. I have not yet had any heat-related issues, and we are in the middle of our Summer, with several heat waves in recent weeks.

It also includes a barometer for Autopilot's altitude adjusted "Follow me" mode.:cool:

It is a bit heavier but then I always use a neck-strap on the RC, so it doesn't affect me much.

Reactions: FotoGeek
I have an iPad Air 2 that I have flown with once. I agree, much more real estate but at the cost of this gawdy device attached to my RC. LOL. I guess it's just a matter of preference between the Mini and Air.

I recently upgraded from a Mini 3 to an Air 2 with Wifi and 3G and I am very pleased. Lots more real estate, more ram, more disk etc. No problem caching videos and maps.

It runs a lot cooler than the Mini. I have not yet had any heat-related issues, and we are in the middle of our Summer, with several heat waves in recent weeks.

It also includes a barometer for Autopilot's altitude adjusted "Follow me" mode.:cool:

It is a bit heavier but then I always use a neck-strap on the RC, so it doesn't affect me much.

I guess it's just a matter of preference between the Mini and Air.

True. I understand the Mini 4 now also has a barometer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20