A quick question on firmware updates.

Reaction score
I have been looking for the most up to date firmware updates and have found conflicting results. Please can someone tell me if I have the latest versions. Having issues with new P4P. My aircraft firmware is 01.03.0418
RC firmware is 01.04.00.00. App is for IOS 4.0.5 Thanks much

You are running the latest firmware that came out on Mar 7th I believe. Just checked mine. What issues are you having with your bird?

You are running the latest firmware that came out on Mar 7th I believe. Just checked mine. What issues are you having with your bird?
Probs with transmission loss. 5th flight with new bird , out at around 1200 feet away and got weak transmission warning. 10 secons later all went blank and lost all video transmission. Hit the RTH and prayed. It came home and recovered video on the way but scared the hell out of me. Wasn't sure it was returning for what seemed an eternity. Probably was less than a minute. This bird us new. Would have broken my heart if I lost it. Wife would have cut me off for spending all this money for 5 flights. LOL

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Probs with transmission loss. 5th flight with new bird , out at around 1200 feet away and got weak transmission warning. 10 secons later all went blank and lost all video transmission. Hit the RTH and prayed. It came home and recovered video on the way but scared the hell out of me. Wasn't sure it was returning for what seemed an eternity. Probably was less than a minute. This bird us new. Would have broken my heart if I lost it. Wife would have cut me off for spending all this money for 5 flights. LOL
Wow ok. LOL. Have you flown this path before? Are you on Auto setting for your video transmission? Are you in a busy neighborhood area with a lot of wi-fi running around? It may be just playing with your transmissions settings transfer rate. I think you want to choose 4 mbps if your not in Auto mode.Did you have all of your RC signal bars at 1200ft away? And did your video signal come back after it got a little closer to you? Oops sorry I just reread that it did. One thing I do is try to turn the attitude of your bird a little bit if you are running into transmission problems. Most of the time you can clear it up and fly through it. Altitude is key as well. Higher the better usually but not over 400 of course.

I have flown this path before but I think I think I might have been blocking the signal by standing with the house between me and the bird. Didnt have a clear direct shot at the bird. Im in auto setting for video transmitting. Not in a busy neighborhood. Very rural.I live out in the country with a lot of wide open spaces. Not sure about the bars on RC signal bars. Video came back as it was returning. Guess I was a little low to get signal transfer from back side of house to drone on other side. Ill try going around the front of the house next time so I have nothing in front of me. Sounds like it might cure the prob. Never thought of changing attitide. Hmmm. Got to think about that one.

I have flown this path before but I think I think I might have been blocking the signal by standing with the house between me and the bird. Didnt have a clear direct shot at the bird. Im in auto setting for video transmitting. Not in a busy neighborhood. Very rural.I live out in the country with a lot of wide open spaces. Not sure about the bars on RC signal bars. Video came back as it was returning. Guess I was a little low to get signal transfer from back side of house to drone on other side. Ill try going around the front of the house next time so I have nothing in front of me. Sounds like it might cure the prob. Never thought of changing attitide. Hmmm. Got to think about that one.
You are correct if you pretty close to the house and it was blocking line of sight. This is especially true if your getting out over a half mile or so. Same thing as if your bird was out that far and went behind something and blocked your line of sight to the bird. And this often results in RC signal loss as well if your very far out. Just make sure that you have your RTH height set high enough to clear anything. Even if you have the smart RTH engaged imo. It is supposed to climb up over and object now on our P4P's but I would'nt rely on that totally. LOL

Thanks for the advise. Like I said------ Wide open spaces
0315171103-800x450 (2).jpg
here.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers