A quick question about gimbal mount pins

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

It's my first post here so i'll start by offering my thanks to everyone in the community for the well-of-information!

Novice pilot here. I had my first crash last weekend, luckily there was no damage. Upon inspecting the aircraft I noticed that 2 of the 4 pins in the gimbal mount were missing. Being a noob, thinking they must have fallen off, I went ahead and installed the 2 spare pins into the empty mount holes (now all 4 are in).

Realizing my mistake, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows if it matters if all 4 pins are holding the gimbal mount -or- do you strictly must have only 2 for some reason?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Kayufa,

You're right, they come with two retaining pins. It won't harm anything to have four, I know some people use zip ties for the same purpose. As long as you don't notice jello in your video, the dampners are doing their job.

Glad your crash wasn't fatal.;)

actually having two in diagonally is preferred because if you have all four in you might get more "jello" effect in the video then
with only two.
and if you ever need to take the discs off for gimbal removal here's a short video showing the easy way to get them
off even with gimbal mounted as long as you take off one at the time.

Reactions: Fplvert and Meta4
Welcome to the forum Kayufa,

You're right, they come with two retaining pins. It won't harm anything to have four, I know some people use zip ties for the same purpose. As long as you don't notice jello in your video, the dampners are doing their job.

Glad your crash wasn't fatal.;)

Thanks! Crash was silly - landed on a slightly slanted beach and it flipped right over. Luckily the motors turned right off. Won't do that again. ;)

Reactions: Fplvert
actually having two in diagonally is preferred because if you have all four in you might get more "jello" effect in the video then
with only two.
and if you ever need to take the discs off for gimbal removal here's a short video showing the easy way to get them
off even with gimbal mounted as long as you take off one at the time.

Thank you! Very clever, took a few minutes but I got it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj