A quick introduction and hello

Reaction score
Just a quick hello and introduction,

I live in Alstonville near Byron Bay, NSW Australia.
I'm a videographer as a profession mostly shooting real estate, business promos dance concerts and eisteddfod s.
I've been following the quad copter tech a for years now and finally bought a Vision+ a week ago. Absolutely love it.
I've had the issues mentioned here re fpv video drop outs and app crashing. Sometimes it will work fine for 2 batteries and other times freeze from start up.
I'm using the version 3.08 now and seems to freeze less.
It's taking me a while to get the confidence to fly distance away, though the other day I flew 300m away over my property.
I'm also a little scared reading about the many fly aways but this forum has been great reading re tips to reduce the risks.
I'm still using it in phantom mode but plan on using software to change to naza for fly away safety.

I'll post my first video later.

Can't wait to get home and fly as I've been away working for 4 days.
Looking forward to reading and contributing to this forum.

Heck ..... I just want to know what Double-D stands for ....... and pictures help!! ;)

Welcome to the forum and remember to read the manual ...... then read it again.
Absolutely calibrate the compass every time you go out for a new flying session (even if in the same location ....).
Make sure you have 6 or more sats, and a home point is set.
If things don't seem right, investigate before you take off.

Then after flying a few times ...... re-read the manual again. ;)

Have fun and fly safe!!

Haha so DoubleD, Put flyer out of his misery. He wants to know if you are female with a name like that ;)

Thanks fir the tips. As I said I've been following the tech on forums, Facebook, YouTube etc for a few years then I read the manual a few times before I revived mine. Still learning stuff though. Had one crash and took it apart and bent an arm back with a heat gun. It's my first quad so I'm taking it easy and building confidence.
As for the name Double-D I'm sorry to disappoint I'm a guy. It's a play on words for my name which is Todd ;j

Hahahaha LMAO, I was expecting that. Ah you're welcome to the group, even if you arent a proper double D ;)

Nice use of the heat gun btw.

Oops ..... I should have added, if your preview video is freezing up on your phone, reduce the preview resolution in the settings menu.
That will reduce the bandwidth the wifi has to deal with, and should make things work better for you.

And once again ...... outstanding viddy that you posted the link to! :)

Thanks for the compliment on the video.
I have tried all the different resolutions and frame rates but made no difference. I've tried on both Samsung S3 and Asus tablet. I'm even using the boost my Phantom app mentioned here in the forums. I'm pretty sure it's the app from reading other posts. Sometimes it will work flawlessly other times it's hopeless.

Hmmm, it's starting to look like you may have an issue with the extender, or the Phantom itself.
Chronic freezing is not normal, certainly within the distance you were flying and especially if you were using the extender app.

Although your viddy appears to show you are not in an area that might have cell/wifi interference, have you tried flying in other areas, and did you get the same results?

Make sure that your home wifi is not causing an issue (use the settings on your phone to forget your home wifi).

Can you borrow a local fellow flyer's extender, bind it .... and see if the problem follows the extender?

Hopefully others will have other/better suggestions ....

If you don't get it taken care of within the 30 day return period (that most dealers provide) ..... unfortunately I'd be inclined to return it for a replacement before that time ran out, rather than trying to deal with DJI.

Also ..... to get more help on this you might want to edit your subject title to read something like "A quick introduction to say hello & request for help." etc, so people know the request is contained in the thread.
Some pretty clever folks here that can help if they know there is a problem. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20