A question for the experts: hardware details

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I am required to fill out some legal documentation about my my Phantom 2 vision +. There are a few things which have got me stumped, so I've come to the experts.

Despite much googling I cannot work out the following things:

1. GPS unit name and Serial number
2.IMU serial number
3.Telemetry Link Make and Model
4.Telemetry Link Frequency and Power
5.Payload Link Make and Model
6.Payload Link Frequency and Power

Your help is so appreciated!

MusicalTeeth said:
Hi Everybody,

I am required to fill out some legal documentation about my my Phantom 2 vision +. There are a few things which have got me stumped, so I've come to the experts.

Despite much googling I cannot work out the following things:

1. GPS unit name and Serial number
2.IMU serial number
3.Telemetry Link Make and Model
4.Telemetry Link Frequency and Power
5.Payload Link Make and Model
6.Payload Link Frequency and Power

Your help is so appreciated!

what legal form is this? It sounds like you are filling in a "one form fits all" and I'd imagine some of these can be filled in with N/A or by simply referring back to the Phantom make and model. I have to think that they are asking these questions for people who put their own setup together to ensure they aren't violating any FCC ordinances with transmitter power or frequency etc.

This is for aerial work in the UK. All info required for the CAA.
This is because in the eyes of the law, I am the 'manufacturer' of the quadcopter.

Can't help with 1 or 2, but Telemetry link will be your ground station link if you have such a thing, so assuming it's a DJi, the specs are on their website.

With the Payload (FPV) link the only legal frequency is a 5.8GHz ISM system and legal power output is 25mW. Assume you have a Boscam or Immersion? If not I suggest you do for the purposes of this exercise...

GPS serial number is on the GPS module in the lid of the Phantom.

IMU serial number is just whatever number is on the NAZA (IMU is built in).

As noiseboy said the telemetry system would be your groundstation, or the iOSD mini if you have that.

You don't have a payload link system on a Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj