A nightmare!!!

Reaction score
Ok so while I sit and surf the forums waiting on my bird to come back from the dealer (faulty motor) Ive been reading all the stories of this person hitting that tree and that person crashing in that body of water and last night it happened. I just got back my brand new bird and was taking it for its initial flight. For whatever reason I chose an area with dense tree cover...as I was lifting off my wife walks over and blocks my view of the the bird as Im nearing a tree. After a few moments of panic and some not so nice words I regain LOS. But Im under several large limbs and having issues getting her out as she has switched to ATTI mode...did I hit the switch? I clip a few limbs on the way out but manage to escape...or so I thought. Clipped the last limb and the camera is now hanging on by the cables dangling in the air like a payload. Just as Im in clear skies and trying to come down the bird starts to slowly flip and lands upside down in a puddle of water about a foot deep. I ran over in matter seconds to save her and assess the damage. Just as I come to the realization that this bird is done and Im finished I awake a sweaty mess..... Anyone else have nightmares????

Only you can tell if the switch, S1, was moved.
Otherwise you may have lost GPS due to foliage and thus you 'enter' Atti. mode by default.

OMG!! What is wrong with you??? Don't post this kind of stuff... I was having a panic attack just reading it :oops:

Now I have this urgent need to fake being sick and leave work just so I can go home and see my Phantom.... Thanks a lot :p

wow. Well, I'm almost done with my plexiglass side guards to help prevent against side damage occurring to the camera. PM me your address and I'll send you a free set from my initial run. If anyone needs them, it's you. Also, I agree with the Xanax prescription.

I don't think you should tell your wife this story. You kind of implied she is quite large (even if she isn't) by saying it took "a few moments" to regain line of sight. This could end badly for you.

LOL...I told her but left the part about it taking a few moments for her to get out of the road...she was more aggravated that I talk about the bird...fly the bird...read about the bird...and now Im dreaming about the bird,lol...

lsteigerwalt said:
srandall25 said:
sounds like grounds for divorce... j/k :) sorry for your loss.. that really sucks.
It was just a dream man...didnt loose anything...on a promising note my bird shipped today and is on the way home!!!
holy crap, how did you get a new one shipped so fast?

First I'm reading thru the story and thinking how stupid this guy is for flying in "dense tree cover"... then i hit the end and have a good laugh to myself... "well played I like a good story"... then I'm skimming thru the comments seeing how many people fell for it ... "face palm" ... laughing harder now ... my wife hears me laughing and says "supp?"... I read her the story and she says... "that isn't funny... The guy is bagging on his wife and playing on the emotions of forum members who are heavily invested in their hobby"... I tell her "settle down there killah, it was just a joke, and people are smart enough to take a joke" ... she snaps ... I mean fully snaps!! ... "SO WHAT ... NOW YOU'RE CALLING ME STUPID?!?! I HATE THIS **** THING AND YOU NEVER BUY ME ANYTHING THIS EXPENSIVE!!!"

then she grabs my kids bag of Legos and Lincoln logs and whips it strait at the Phantom sitting on top of the entertainment center!!! FULL CONTACT FAST BALL and the Phantom goes tumbling off the back of the entertainment center WITH the transmitter dragging behind it from the neck strap and I here the sickening sound of cracking plastic and loose pieces splashing across the floor... "please let that be Legos" I think to myself... I look at her like I'm gonna kill some one and she RUNS ... whatever ... I'll get payback later... I book it over behind the entertainment center and as I come around the back I see one arm broke backwards and the gimbal in pieces with a shattered lens.... FFFFFFUUUUUU....... and just then I wake up in a cold sweat ... my wife laying next to me... and I realize it was all just a dream... she has never showed an angry intent as long as I have known her... I kiss her and go back to sleep.

DBS said:
First I'm reading thru the story and thinking how stupid this guy is for flying in "dense tree cover"... then i hit the end and have a good laugh to myself... "well played I like a good story"... then I'm skimming thru the comments seeing how many people fell for it ... "face palm" ... laughing harder now ... my wife hears me laughing and says "supp?"... I read her the story and she says... "that isn't funny... The guy is bagging on his wife and playing on the emotions of forum members who are heavily invested in their hobby"... I tell her "settle down there killah, it was just a joke, and people are smart enough to take a joke" ... she snaps ... I mean fully snaps!! ... "SO WHAT ... NOW YOU'RE CALLING ME STUPID?!?! I HATE THIS **** THING AND YOU NEVER BUY ME ANYTHING THIS EXPENSIVE!!!"

then she grabs my kids bag of Legos and Lincoln logs and whips it strait at the Phantom sitting on top of the entertainment center!!! FULL CONTACT FAST BALL and the Phantom goes tumbling off the back of the entertainment center WITH the transmitter dragging behind it from the neck strap and I here the sickening sound of cracking plastic and loose pieces splashing across the floor... "please let that be Legos" I think to myself... I look at her like I'm gonna kill some one and she RUNS ... whatever ... I'll get payback later... I book it over behind the entertainment center and as I come around the back I see one arm broke backwards and the gimbal in pieces with a shattered lens.... FFFFFFUUUUUU....... and just then I wake up in a cold sweat ... my wife laying next to me... and I realize it was all just a dream... she has never showed an angry intent as long as I have known her... I kiss her and go back to sleep.

Well played sir...well played :) You had me laughin, once you switched gears I did cheat and look at the last line to see if it was a dream...but still funny just the same :)

holy crap, how did you get a new one shipped so fast?

Trust me it wasnt fast. The new one shipped, arrived, had a faulty motor, got shipped back, repaired, and should be here wednesday. Hopefully this time in working order. Total time will have been 3 weeks so I guess that isnt to bad.

amkorp said:
Does anybody else find it interesting that, even in a nightmare, the problems all begin with the wife?

Freud would have an opinion about that... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues