A new owner of a p3 4k

Reaction score
I just ordered my first ever p3 & I went with the 4k just so I could fly inside. I should be getting it on Friday (fingers crossed) I watch a LOT of YouTube videos of others getting there's & first flight & was wondering if there's any pointers from those of you that have been flying for awhile like when do I have to do the firmware update & how hard is it. Some say it's ok to charge both the aircraft & the remote at the same time, any advice? Little things like that would be helpful. Thanks & happy flying.

I dunno about the 4K.. when I got my standard, I had to do an update through the app that took no time at all. When I got my advanced I had to download an update to the sad card.. this took a lot longer. Either way, make sure your firmware is current before flight.
Fly in gps mode in an open field. Set your RTH altitude high enough. Trust the software, it's very reliable. Do not panic. Calibrate. Do not push both sticks down and in at the same time..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Americanhammer
Welcome to the Forum. I own P3 4K as my first drone for almost 3 months now. Here are some notes I made:

1. Stock range in CE mode with stock antenna is around 400-500m, if you want to get more range, dbs mod is the best and most people here will agree. If you're still not satisfied with Dbs, you can add amps afterward. But to fly far, location without interference is key.
2. Be very careful when flying with low battery especially with RTH as fail safe. It will land immediately if you are within 20m (dangerous if you fly around water). Or if you are under a tree/structure and outside 20m radius, it will climb and will hit the tree/structure.
3. Turn off VPS if you're flying above water, but you need them when flying indoor.
4. Don't crash.

Thanks for the info it'll help a lot. Not to sound like a total tool but i have no idea what Dbs, RTH or VPS mean lol, I'm sure I will after I read the manual. One thing I was wondering is all the pictures I see & hear on YouTube everything is in kilometers, is there a way to change that because I have no idea how to read them. Also the sound, when recording sometimes you hear the motors & wind & other times you hear nothing, is there a way of shutting off the sound on that? Thanks so much for all the info it's helping a lot.

One thing I was wondering is all the pictures I see & hear on YouTube everything is in kilometers, is there a way to change that because I have no idea how to read them.
The DJI GO app allows you to choose between Imperial or Metric units.

Also the sound, when recording sometimes you hear the motors & wind & other times you hear nothing, is there a way of shutting off the sound on that?
The Phantom does not record sound. So, it'll be silent as-is.

Thanks for the info it'll help a lot. Not to sound like a total tool but i have no idea what Dbs, RTH or VPS mean lol, I'm sure I will after I read the manual. One thing I was wondering is all the pictures I see & hear on YouTube everything is in kilometers, is there a way to change that because I have no idea how to read them. Also the sound, when recording sometimes you hear the motors & wind & other times you hear nothing, is there a way of shutting off the sound on that? Thanks so much for all the info it's helping a lot.
ITElite DBS is a brand name for antenna modification.
RTH stands for Return to Home
VPS stands for Visual Positioning System
There is no sound when recording with P3 4K and all other P3.

Avoid flying when wind is in double figures (> 10mph). Take things slowly, don't panic and start moving the sticks wildly. The drone will generally stay where it is unless you tell it otherwise. Get above 100 feet in a remote area with no trees and buildings to practice. Before you take off have a good look round and beware of what things are potential hazards, what kind of height they are.

If the drone heads in a different direction than you thought it was going to do, just let go of the sticks, drone will stop and you can rethink your maneuver rather than making matters worse. Everyone here will have pressed the left stick down (reduces altitude) when they meant to press right stick down, (bring drone backwards).

Sometimes your eyes can trick you. Drone might look like it's going in a different direction than it actually is. Get in the habit of glancing at your screen info but always look at the actual drone.

Do not try to charge your aircraft battery and the controller at the same time, it will not work... From my experience, charge the aircraft battery first (it takes longer and heats up the charger more). Then charge the controller. The controller will hold a charge longer than the aircraft battery. I can get about 2-3 full flights on one controller charge. Here are some other safety guidelines for your drone: DJI Battery Safety.

Fly Safe!!!

I saw that you want to fly inside. If you are a quad newbie, you better know how to handle that bird cause it will more than likely go ATTI with no GPS sats to guide it.
But P3 4K have VPS and it needs to be put on P mode to be active (and inside the dji go setting). The screen will show it as P-OPTI.

Ok here's another one, this red line just showed up & it even shows up in past flights that never had it there before. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 274

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj