A new camera gimbal from new Rotorflyte...

Reaction score
Recently I had an acquaintance of mine ask if I could produce a high quality brushless 2 axis camera gimbal for his Aquacopter brand of quadcopter. I have been producing specialty carbon fiber components for high end road bicycles for almost 4 years now (www.veloflyte.com) and thought a camera gimbal would be an interesting project to undertake. Recently I completed a rough prototype of the new brushless gimbal and was wondering if any of you would be interested in viewing it at www.rotorflyte.com .
Bear in mind that it is not fully completed yet, but it is far enough along in the development process to get some feedback from those of you that actually have and use multi rotor UAVs. Thank you

Audaciter said:
..only thing that would concern me is that the design rules out using it for FPV.

Check out "cam-do.com" they have an adapter that plugs into the expansion port in the back, so should be almost no lag.
It fits inside an extended back door.

ah,. neat.. never knew about that one!

imfuller said:
Wow that looks great! Any plans to make one for a Hero 2?

Oh and do you need any testers ;)

Similar to work I've done on the bicycle components I manufacture and sell, I try to address needs presented by you, the users. So, Yes...I do have plans to produce a unit for the Hero 2. The new gimbal I have pictured on the Rotorflyte website was commissioned by Russ at Aquacopters. So this first gimbal will be sold by him through whatever supplier he chooses. But I have other versions of a carbon fiber camera gimbal that I will be selling myself through appropriate retailers, or myself if no acceptable reseller is found.

I do in fact need people to test the items since I do not have a "quadcopter" or any "copter" at all. Contact me at [email protected] so we can develop a rapport.

Thank you

Veloflyte said:
imfuller said:
Wow that looks great! Any plans to make one for a Hero 2?

Oh and do you need any testers ;)

Similar to work I've done on the bicycle components I manufacture and sell, I try to address needs presented by you, the users. So, Yes...I do have plans to produce a unit for the Hero 2. The new gimbal I have pictured on the Rotorflyte website was commissioned by Russ at Aquacopters. So this first gimbal will be sold by him through whatever supplier he chooses. But I have other versions of a carbon fiber camera gimbal that I will be selling myself through appropriate retailers, or myself if no acceptable reseller is found.

I do in fact need people to test the items since I do not have a "quadcopter" or any "copter" at all. Contact me at [email protected] so we can develop a rapport.

Thank you

Check your email :)

Audaciter said:
..only thing that would concern me is that the design rules out using it for FPV.

Check out "cam-do.com" they have an adapter that plugs into the expansion port in the back, so should be almost no lag.
It fits inside an extended back door.

But it looks like it puts something across the back in the gimbal for support. At least in the pictures.

Attachments

• slot1.jpg
    slot1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 647
  • slot2.jpg
    slot2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 652
  • slot3.jpg
    slot3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 662
Looks nice, and thanks for joining Phantom Pilots. Which controller will you be using?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl