A Moment of Silence...

Reaction score
The things I learned while on a weekend trip to Greece recently.

1) Drones do not like overhead power cables
2) The Corinth Canal is very deep
3) Overhead power cables directly over the Corinth Canal are a recipe for disaster
4) My girlfriend cannot spot overhead power cables very well

At least I think she hit some overhead power cables, the footage downloaded to the phone disconnected before it fell into the canal. There are a second set of cables behind the drone on this video which I think she flew into. SkyPixel

I am now droneless :-(

The good news is that I might go and get the Inspire now and only let her control the camera ;-)

Reactions: yorlik
Really, what a dumb ***. Yea, go get yourself and Inspire.....that will last about 5 minutes:rolleyes:

I'm totally torn between how unsympathetically brutal this is.... but how funny the response is as well. I guess I'll choose to LOL at it.... :)

Reactions: FASTFJR
(meh, Internet responses)

Of course it's my fault for letting the missus fly it. Has anyone had a successful conversation with their woman about why she isn't allowed to fly the drone? I would dump her, but I kinda still like her even though she is now known as the "flounderous drone murderer".

The good thing about the inspire is that she can't crash it by only controlling the camera gimbal!!

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
(meh, Internet responses)

Of course it's my fault for letting the missus fly it. Has anyone had a successful conversation with their woman about why she isn't allowed to fly the drone? I would dump her, but I kinda still like her even though she is now known as the "flounderous drone murderer".

The good thing about the inspire is that she can't crash it by only controlling the camera gimbal!!

I really think you need to keep away from flying objects. That was not to bright flying around power lines like that. What you did shows a huge lack of responsibility

Last edited:
It wasn't me flying it, but I agree with your point regarding the person that was flying it.

It happens wires become invisible at a distance .
So she's buying the new bird :p:D

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Tell her the cost of the replacement is coming out of your ring budget.

The things I learned while on a weekend trip to Greece recently.

1) Drones do not like overhead power cables
2) The Corinth Canal is very deep
3) Overhead power cables directly over the Corinth Canal are a recipe for disaster
4) My girlfriend cannot spot overhead power cables very well

At least I think she hit some overhead power cables, the footage downloaded to the phone disconnected before it fell into the canal. There are a second set of cables behind the drone on this video which I think she flew into. SkyPixel

I am now droneless :-(

The good news is that I might go and get the Inspire now and only let her control the camera ;-)
well. I rather keep my girlfriend and lose the Phantom, you know I can get a new phantom, is just money but man, a good girl, that's tricky one

It wasn't me flying it, but I agree with your point regarding the person that was flying it.

Rofl, stop throwing her under the bus! Depending on the distance, power lines may or may not have been visible, and if you were over open water I can see why you/she would not have expected them to be there. But, your bird, your responsibility. Don't let some sharp feedback/criticism online make you sell her down the river!

Even if she would have avoided the power lines , flying inside the canal will result is signal problems.

next time you come to Greece go to a better place than canal. Try Arahova - Parnassos for winder and Mykonos island for summer.

Hmmm get another Phantom or another girl.... Hard choice!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4