A mind of its own

Reaction score
This evening I was flying in less than ideal conditions. The area was pretty dark. Both front and back sensors couldn’t work. To make matters worse, it was under a huge metallic overhang, with metallic posts and doors all around. There was no wind and I didn’t get any compass/GPS warnings, but at one point the drone (P4P+) switched to ATTI mode by itself. It acted as if it had a mind of its own, drifted from side to side, increased and decreased speed. At some point, it even landed itself. That said, when I tried to control it, it responded fairly well. My goal were some stills of this beautifully lit area, but it wasn’t possible.

Are there any settings that would disconnect the drone’s brain, so it won’t move without my commands?

In ATTI the craft has no gps lock so it will not hold position, only p or s mode has gps lock. In ATTI your craft will float around in the wind or even it's own prop turbulence but will hold altitude. Make sure you are in a open area to fly in atti to practice, it also will have no braking so when you let go of the sticks it will drift to a stop or keep drifting with the wind. If it's dark out and the ground below the craft can't be detected by the VPS you will also drift in atti mode/

Reactions: Hikaru Sulu
At low light sensors don't work. Metal overhangs GPS doesn't work. Phantom than switches to atti. In atti phantom doesn't stay still. You are flying it without help from phantom. It working right. Read the manual on it and I'm sure things will go better.

Reactions: Hikaru Sulu
The AC has no mind if it’s own in those circumstances, it is relying on you to do all the thinking. The only part that doesn’t make sense is it landing itself.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic