A lot of people seem to reporting their drone falling from the sky. What tips can prevent this?

Do you end up with the three packs constantly in parallell connection here? Does it cause a problem with balance in the DJI pack? What impact does it have on the accuracy of the monitoring and other smart features. I woud have thought if the smart board looked at mah delivered and what was put in when charged itbwould be very confused in this setup...

i have been reading this for a while. To be honest I don't think there is a high percentage of them just falling out of the sky.. This is just the clearinghouse for accidents. When it happens people come here for answers. That said search for tips and you will find a bunch of suggestions. I would say from my experience (read the manual twice) make certain you charge the batteries before you fly. I charge mine the day I plan on flying. Make sure the compass is calibrated correctly ton of threads on how to do it and where to do it. My last recommendation is ... before you fly your Phantom practice on a small inexpensive trainer.

Most importantly though read the manual!!!

Reactions: t2adze
I'm not sure I would use anything that alters the performance of the battery.

Update to firmware 1.6 to eliminate the possibility of battery issues and dropping out of the sky. You all may as well update to 1.6 now or you may be forced to update to geo 1.7 when you go to update in the near furture.

Yeah, I think the high volume of new pilots and the desire for those that crash to post and those without issue just out flying could incorrectly show a false sense of "a lot".

so a parachute system may not be possible
I don't know why not... sure you might be a bit heavier but at least with a PRS it won't just drop from the sky like a rock...

Yeah, I think the high volume of new pilots and the desire for those that crash to post .
.....and to justify their 'warranty claims'......:confused::confused::confused:

I have yet to see a parachute system save a drone. More hassle than its worth IMHO. Best option is to read up on all the most common mistakes. That will improve your odds greatly. There is still a chance something can go wrong. These things are not very resilient.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic