A few questions after my first flight

Reaction score
Hi
I took my P3P out for the first time today and it was awesome. I flew two brand new batteries down to about 50,51% then land. I follow the advice of you guys to do this for about 10 times before fly longer.
I charged them to full about 15hrs before flight, I set them to 2 days auto discharge but how come when I started the indicator said 98,99%? Of course the battery life is still 100% and the voltages are in tap.
Also should I charge them now at around 50% or run the motor down to 30% then charge? Which is better for the battery life?
Also I have a third battery full charged for about more than 24hrs ago with 2 days auto discharge. If I fly tomorrow should I charge it again or it's safe to fly?
Last but not least, does the P3 inteligent battery act like nowadays iPhone, iPad battery which only record a full discharge after you use it for full 100% no matter how many time you charge ?
I'm super excited with the experience and the quality of the footage I think i'm addicted now. I already read some guides and the manual but If you guys have more advices especially related to batteries please share your wisdom.
Thanks alot guys

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew two brand new batteries down to about 50,51% then land. I follow the advice of you guys to do this for about 10 times before fly longer.
There is no need to do this. It should not hurt your batteries if you insist though.

The best advice I can give you is charge your batteries the day before or on the day you plan to fly. Follow that tip and you won't ever have to worry about your batteries not being charged properly.

Reactions: SkyKisser
There is no need to do this. It should not hurt your batteries if you insist though.

The best advice I can give you is charge your batteries the day before or on the day you plan to fly. Follow that tip and you won't ever have to worry about your batteries not being charged properly.
I love you cos you're always the first to help out ppl like me but **** your too fast. I just edited my post with one more question related to iPhone battery. Would you mind to take a look.
Also alot of the ppl here said I should do the 50% thing for 10 times included the unofficial guide in Phantom Help.
Did DJI upgraded the battery firmware that they are very stable now or what?
Thanks again,man.

Also alot of the ppl here said I should do the 50% thing for 10 times included the unofficial guide in Phantom Help.
Until someone shows evidence that it makes a difference with Phantom 3 batteries, I just don't feel good about promoting a tip that is seemingly useless. That's certainly only my opinion though :)

Did DJI upgraded the battery firmware that they are very stable now or what?
A few people are saying there is an issue in the 1.5 Phantom firmware that is causing it to sometimes read the battery levels incorrectly. It's a theory that makes sense, but it has never been confirmed and DJI said nothing of the kind. If you want to play it safe, use firmware 1.6 or something older than 1.5.

The best battery tips can be found in DJI's battery guide. If you follow all of those tips, you should be fine.

Older "NonSmart" or "dumb" batteries we wanted to really go easy on them for a few cycles. With SMART batteries I personally don't go easy on them but I don't abuse them at first either. It doesn't hurt to go easy for a few flights but that's personal preference.

In regards to 98% you've got to take into account Load/No Load readings. Your battery stats will change all throughout your flight ever so slightly in regards to how you're putting a load on the system. Just realize it's not an exact thing so you may have slight variations here and there. Nothing to worry about when we are talking slight variations.

Charge Cycle - If you only use 10% and then recharge it that will not register as a full charge cycle. I'm not sure how specific the accumulative process is but it does not register a new charge cycle every time you put it back on the charger if it wasn't a significant discharge.

Welcome and above all else enjoy and fly safe.

Thanks you guys. I feel more confidence now, I'll be flying more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers