A few minor Phantom ?s

Reaction score
Okay, I have about 10 flights on my phantom so far, however I haven't tried groundstation yet for some reason. I guess because I fear letting it fly on its own... Anyway today I bought a Samsung galaxy Pro 8.4" because my iphone 4 seems like it just doesn't have the processor power. Should I download the coffee's app? Has anyone had any negative experiences with it. It seems to have great reviews. Also today I took the bird up to 300 feet and was a little scared because while it seems to go up pretty fast, getting it down seems to be another story. I don't know if it is because of the wind slowing the decent or what, but it seemed to be a very long time to drop from 300 to 40 feet etc. I guess at 300 feet it was just hard to see and I was getting nervous....

Your bird comes down slowly because DJI made it that way.
Originally they would descend at 6 metres/sec but some people had crashes because they had problems coming straight down at this speed rather than safely descending with forward motion, DJI changed that to 4 m/s and later slowing descent further to the current 2 m/s. It's very slow and something to factor in if you are up high. You don't want to run out of battery coming down slowly. This shouldn't be a worry for most flying at safe altitudes but some pilots attempt stupid things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik