A few 'firsts' today....

Reaction score
Though there's a current Nexus 7 reboot thread currently going on, I'll post this here due to the real issue. I use a Nexus 7 2nd Gen (2013) with Litchi, and had my first surprise reboot during a Litchi mission. Nearly toasted my shorts. The bird was 1900 ft out over the north atlantic filming a light house. The tablet suddenly and inexplicably rebooted ... I immediately fired up Litchi which connected immediately to the bird which was now in a hover 35 meters up and 600m out or so (presumably due to a loss of connectivity) . With the filming mission a wash due to the interruption to the waypoints, for the first in both of our lives, I hit the RTH button on the transmitter.

She did what she was supposed to. The next problem was that I was standing on H and she was coming STRAIGHT down. I had to move away several yards to crane my neck enough to see here so I could manually land.

The battery was still at 88% and I had a second fully charged. I wanted to see what I might discover about this anomoly before trying it again, though. I'm NOT #(*F*S#((lll(DF-ING used to NOT BEING IN CONTROL!!!!!

After all of that, I did get the footage from the card as she kept right on filming. I believe had I not reconnected, she would have finished the mission and I could have landed here at the homepoint with just the controller?

Anyway, its pretty clear on the vid where she gets the call to come home - ruined the mission return it did. Too many other lighting problems to worry about editing it out.

Was this a waypoint mission? If there is a disconnection, the mission should continue to the end.

Was this a waypoint mission? If there is a disconnection, the mission should continue to the end.

Indeed it was. By the time the tablet rebooted and I fired Litchi back up, they connected instantly. As I read your post however, you are correct, it should have finished (as long as GPS was there and it was). Perhaps I was mistaken about it being in a hover? .. but it sure looked like it. Ine fact, since the video actually recorded in spite of everything, I NOW realize that she was still flying the mission when I went RTH. What an A$$! (It was hard to see, howz that?) :)

I did the RTH boogie nonetheless and all was well. The video shows she had completed 2/3 of the filming and I the leg home was just that, the way home.

I guess I shouldn't sweat future table restarts as long as I'm flying Litchi missions though. Still, not so fun!

At the end of the day, I'm left wondering what happened to the Nexus, which has been sturdy to say the least. It won't be the last time methinks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers