A few basic questions

Reaction score
What are the main differences between the P1 and the P2? (All I can see is a larger battery and different props)

Is there interference when flying 2 or more quads in the same location, or how do you select a different channel?

I hear a lot about fly-aways. I've only flown my quad about 6 times, but haven't had any issues. Maybe folks could post if they've ever had one and how many times they have flown?

I'm thinking about a cheap gimble, Goodluckbuy shows one for $69.99, but discount special price of $55.99 (although it appears $69.99 when I go to checkout, grrr). Can I mount the FC40 camera to it? I'm thinking I can modify until I get a go pro.

Thanks,

Mark O

Forget the gimble, do a google search for it and be prepared for a long read of the problems encountered. :?

These forums kinda suck when no one will answer basic questions.
Anyway, I have another, how can I download GPS coordinates and elevation from a flight?

Ohary said:

Why are you blaming forums for your inability to search this crazy internet thing and/or your laziness?

Why do you expect to be spoon fed the answers to questions that are just a few keystrokes and clicks away from you?

Ohary said:
Anyway, I have another, how can I download GPS coordinates and elevation from a flight?

You'ld have to have FPV and a DVR to record the flight and an IOSD mini for overlap of stats.

I tried search but this forum sucks for search. Sorry, but it's true. Youtube is a better option, but even youtube is limited. Found some of the answers myself. I guess people like panhygrous are just to busy with something else or too lazy themselves, lol.

EMCSQUAR said:
Ohary said:

You'ld have to have FPV and a DVR to record the flight and an IOSD mini for overlap of stats.

Thank you!

Not sure if you can track GPS from flight data with flytrex but it would be worth you checking out.

http://www.flytrex.com/

When I get more comfortable with flying my p2 I will get this installed but its not a necessity right now. Hope you find what you are looking for. I have found that a simple search on the forum / google will usually answer 60-70% of my noob questions. It will also save you the trouble of dealing with grammar police, trolling, sex deprived individuals.

FRS said:
Not sure if you can track GPS from flight data with flytrex but it would be worth you checking out.

http://www.flytrex.com/

When I get more comfortable with flying my p2 I will get this installed but its not a necessity right now. Hope you find what you are looking for. I have found that a simple search on the forum / google will usually answer 60-70% of my noob questions. It will also save you the trouble of dealing with grammar police, trolling, sex deprived individuals.

Flytrex will gather all of your flight data and allow you to upload it to the Flytrex website. Once there, you can download a .CSV file and use it in conjunction with Dashware to actually overlay your video with whichever metrics you wish. It works very nice and the Flytrex core is only $50...

-slinger

Awesome, just ordered Flytrex board.

I can see myself going nuts with future purchases, lol.

Anyway, for those who are looking for some of the answers to the other questions I've posted, there should not be any interference when flying multiple quads in the same area. Of course that doesn't mean you still can't crash into another as I've done this with other RC copters.

Ohary said:

Anyway, for those who are looking for some of the answers to the other questions I've posted, there should not be any interference when flying multiple quads in the same area. Of course that doesn't mean you still can't crash into another as I've done this with other RC copters.

It depends. Basic Phantoms 1 & 2 can because they fly using same 2.4 freq band (w/multiple layers) but an FC 40 or Vision and P1s & P2s will have issues. The FC 40 & Vision operate on 5.8mhz, the P1s and P2s operate on 2.4 - The FC 40 & Vision use the 2.4 for video transmission - most P1s & P2s video transmissions are on 5.8 - flying the 2 versions near each other would produce some interesting results - not pretty ones.

EMCSQUAR said:
Ohary said:

It depends. Basic Phantoms 1 & 2 can because they fly using same 2.4 freq band (w/multiple layers) but an FC 40 or Vision and P1s & P2s will have issues. The FC 40 & Vision operate on 5.8mhz, the P1s and P2s operate on 2.4 - The FC 40 & Vision use the 2.4 for video transmission - most P1s & P2s video transmissions are on 5.8 - flying the 2 versions near each other would produce some interesting results - not pretty ones.

Flying the two versions near one another does not cause any problems that I have noticed, we regularly fly a P2Z and a P2V near each other :D

gunslinger said:
Flytrex will gather all of your flight data and allow you to upload it to the Flytrex website. Once there, you can download a .CSV file and use it in conjunction with Dashware to actually overlay your video with whichever metrics you wish. It works very nice and the Flytrex core is only $50...

-slinger

I've been wondering about this myself. I plan to buy a Flytrex board ASAP, but wondered about videos I have seen with the flight data on the screen.

So I take it that this isn't done live, but after the fact?

I was going to ask what Dashware is, but I found out on my own....

http://www.dashware.net/

Thank you.

darwin-t said:
I've been wondering about this myself. I plan to buy a Flytrex board ASAP, but wondered about videos I have seen with the flight data on the screen.

So I take it that this isn't done live, but after the fact?

I was going to ask what Dashware is, but I found out on my own....

http://www.dashware.net/

Thank you.

Here's a great tutorial on how to use that to make the magic happen: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3016

Ohary said:

I like my flytrex and I like knowing that I flew 820 feet high, that I flew over 7000' (started at 6500 but who counts) and the map and distance. But it does not seem to break down the flight into segments that would answer questions I have. Such as how far is it from point a to point b. I am working on this viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13890 and I think I am close to have a whole bunch of altimeter information from that source. I will then compare it to the Flytrex.

At this point and what got me interested in this thread was the question about mounting the FC40 camera to a gimble. I did not see a reply to that question and I am also wondering the same thing. Everything costs so much.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj