A few abnormalities P3A

Reaction score
Did my first 2 flights today with my p3a. A few weird things:

1) sometimes when I turn on, the DJI go app links to the aircraft but says "no signal" (no image from the camera), even though the remote appears connected to the aircraft. If I turn everything off and back on again, (sometimes multiple times), it comes good. Sometimes changing from photo to video mode seems to set this problem off.

2) On my 2nd flight of the day, as I was turning the aircraft on, the gimbal did its dance, but then went limp. I had done a gimbal calibration earlier. A few more goes of turning everything off and back on, and it seemed ok again. Was starting to think it was broken.

3) when I was landing, the altitude was listed as 7 metres, when in fact I was about 30 cm off the ground! the ultrasonic sonar sensor said 30cm. What has gone wrong here? I was on perfectly flat ground in the country.

Thanks if you can shed any light on these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3) when I was landing, the altitude was listed as 7 metres, when in fact I was about 30 cm off the ground! the ultrasonic sonar sensor said 30cm. What has gone wrong here? I was on perfectly flat ground in the country.
The altitude reading comes from a barometer.
The height recorded can drift with arming up of the Phantom.
Keep an eye on it and if it is looking like it's consistently out, do an IMU calibration indoors on a perfectly level surface.

For what it is worth, I occasionally experience the exact same behavior with my P3A. Generally I find that cycling the power on the controller or Phantom, and letting them relink, solves the issue.

I've been told that there is a certain order for powering up the Phantom and the controller, but honestly, I can't see that it makes a difference.

Hmm ok.

My "on" procedure is:

1) turn iPad on, open DJI app
2) turn remote control on
3) turn aircraft on

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are usually solve that no signal issue simply by reaching back on plugging the USB and plugging it back in. I have had cables that worked one day and then just never worked again luckily the ones I'm using now seem to be pretty reliable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers