A couple of random thoughts

Reaction score
I wonder how strong the locking arms are going to be ?

With all this flipping and turning are the locks to prevent retraction going to be strong enough ?
The turning pivots will they break with a hard landing ?

Also as often mentioned DJI do not cover any water damage and that you should not fly over water.
So why do most of the publicity shots include flying over lakes / sea etc ?

The propeller arms are not lockable according to DJI. We will see how strong they are. My hope is that DJI would make them serviceable, so in case of damage they would not require drone to be sent for expensive repairs.

Who said you should not fly over water? Saying that water damage is not covered, does not mean you can only fly over Sahara. As for popularity of flying over water, my guess would be that views are some of the most breathtaking and so it makes a good ad. It is one of the easiest flights you can perform. There are no obstacles, no structures or people under the drone, the line of sight is excellent. Perfect place for some piloting skills training. You can fly really low without fear of varying landscape. Your only enemies are wind and seagulls. Most beginners seek large bodies of water to test their new drones.

Who said you should not fly over water? Saying that water damage is not covered, does not mean you can only fly over Sahara. As for popularity of flying over water, my guess would be that views are some of the most breathtaking and so it makes a good ad. It is one of the easiest flights you can perform. There are no obstacles, no structures or people under the drone, the line of sight is excellent. Perfect place for some piloting skills training. You can fly really low without fear of varying landscape. Your only enemies are wind and seagulls. Most beginners seek large bodies of water to test their new drones.

DJI

its not covered by warranty item 4
DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service

Also in p3/4 etc manuals it says you should not fly over water.

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 19.05.31.png

As for arms I hope so.

Not covering water damage is NO surprise... It is rare if any piece of electronics is covered for water damage. This is no different from an iPhone or Computer or other drones. It comes down to common sense (which seems to be litigated to the nth degree anymore) not to take the chance, or make sure you are good enough to get the drone over and back across the water without issue.

Basically, they are telling you not to fly over water because if you have a problem it is likely that your bird will be a total loss. So if you do choose to fly over water you are assuming responsibility regardless of the malfunction. Battery shuts down and your bird goes for a swim that's on you. First day you fly it out and motor quits over water.. That's on you. I look for water to fly over.. When I do I understand that if it ends up in the drink I'm sol.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The propeller arms are not lockable according to DJI. We will see how strong they are. My hope is that DJI would make them serviceable, so in case of damage they would not require drone to be sent for expensive repairs..
Hmm. What does that mean exactly? Not lockable. How will they stay put while flying?

Also, I'm curious if the same height restrictions are in place for this drone. Since it can sense it's distance to the ground, if you are flying in the mountains will this give you more height to get over tall peaks? Just thinking out loud here...

Altitude limits will almost certainly be in place....expect up to 500m above take-off point (lower by default), with absolute service ceiling of 5000m, roughly 16,000 feet. And FYI these are limited by GPS, the VPS sensor system stops being effective much closer to the ground

This is an article which is posted on other thread about Mavic development saying the mechanism of propeller's arms can stand at least 5000 opens and closes.
FYI, that most likely came from the DJI Mavic FAQ. It states the following:

"The folding mechanism has been tested to last at least 5000 folds. It is unlikely that it will wear out during the Mavic’s lifetime."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31