A convert from P3 Standard to Pro ... Power levels ?

Reaction score
With the Standard - there are two main power apps that can be used :

Magic Power
Icarus

Both as we all know modify the GPS corrector for location which determines CE or FCC ... on 2.4 WiFi.

The Pro uses 2.4 but a modified format called Lightbridge.

Is there any similar app or utility to increase 2.4 power on the Lightbridge Pro machine ?

I assume that 2.4 boosters such as Sunhans can be used ... but what about changing CE for FCC in the FW via an APP as the Standard does ?

Why I ask ... I have a number of flying pals who have Adv and Pro machines ... they get over 2km in rural open areas, but it drops to 1km as soon as they approach semi rural. I am not looking to fly 2km over urban areas ... not that daft - but would like strength and reliability of signal in such areas to be able to fly reasonable distance.

So any apps out there or is it just take what you get ?

Nigel

The Pro uses 2.4 but a modified format called Lightbridge.

Not modified, completely different. While Phantom 3 Std has two separate, crappy transcievers for control uplink and video downlink, Pro/Adv uses high-end multichannel transciever. The Github Guys also suggested that Lightbridge selects one of four antennas based on location of the RC, so it is like having windsurfer on the drone.

Is there any similar app or utility to increase 2.4 power on the Lightbridge Pro machine ?

No. The technology is less known than Standard transceivers, which are the same as used in many routers and other home devices. Therefore noone was able to made a hack.

I assume that 2.4 boosters such as Sunhans can be used ...

Probably yes.

but what about changing CE for FCC in the FW via an APP as the Standard does ?

The Github Guys have several discussions about that; if you're able to help, I'm sure the hack can be developed:
Issues · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub

I'ts a lot to read, but at least they confirm many of their findings by experiment or proper meters.

Why I ask ...

For some reason, the discussion here usually goes toward discussing these aspects instead of technical ones. No wonder the technical guys stay at Github.

I've decided on the twin parabolic as the Lightbridge system via the two antenna will suit me better.

Cheers
Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20