A Christmas miracle

Reaction score
So i have to give a shout out to killer rc for my christmas miracle. ,! Brought my bird down to the turks and cacios for a few weeks of holiday warm weather. I made 8-10 flights a day for the first few days. Everything worked great.

Tonight i decided to to make a quick flight from the hotel balcony to film to sunset turned it all on got lock flew off into the sunset .due to the many wifi boosters on the property i have been losing video at less than 1000 ft got out over the pool area getting some shots when video signal was lost of course as soon as this happened my iphone switched over to the hotel wifi dammit i take my eye off bird switch it back to phantom no video and now i cant find the dam bird . I move the anttena around scanning sky but no go

Not knowing for sure what hight i was at i throttle up for about 10 seconds and switch to home lock pull back for much longer than i felt was necessary to get back to were i should be seeing her well ok fine i switch to failsafe and wait and wait and wait winds are about 18-20mph so i think ok its higher up maybe fighting winds i wait nothing dont even hear its loving humm.

Now in panic mode as she always comes back I run down 3 flight of stairs and into the yard and start my search from last video picture. Nothing i try the find my phantom mode and go to the pinpoint nothing . Im heart broken
then i think ok maybe i didnt get home look as i thought maybe she flew to the last flight from yesterdays take off point i run about 2 blocks down the bordwalk to no luck there
i return to the area of the last picture and start looking in trees and around the ground when i here someone call DAD i look up to see my daughter standing a few feet away whith a familiar green and red flashing in here arms.
She tells me about 3 minutes after i left it came back hovered over the deck and then landed in palm tree just off the railing and fell to ground.
i take it from her expecting at the least a bent camera for me But what to my surprise do i see , a fully intact gibal for me ,no broke shell, or ripped ribbon cable to see oh my its a Christmas miracle in deed.
I relace 2 props and fire her up and what do my eyes behold but a fully funtioning phantom for me to hold
. Thank you killer rc for the Gimbal Saver for DJI Phantom 2 Vision + that i know gave me this very special christmas gift.

Now i just wonder what took her so long to rth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 753
skyhighdiver said:
So i have to give a shout out to killer rc for my christmas miracle. ,! Brought my bird down to the turks and cacios for a few weeks of holiday warm weather. I made 8-10 flights a day for the first few days. Everything worked great.

Tonight i decided to to make a quick flight from the hotel balcony to film to sunset turned it all on got lock flew off into the sunset .due to the many wifi boosters on the property i have been losing video at less than 1000 ft got out over the pool area getting some shots when video signal was lost of course as soon as this happened my iphone switched over to the hotel wifi dammit i take my eye off bird switch it back to phantom no video and now i cant find the dam bird . I move the anttena around scanning sky but no go

Not knowing for sure what hight i was at i throttle up for about 10 seconds and switch to home lock pull back for much longer than i felt was necessary to get back to were i should be seeing her well ok fine i switch to failsafe and wait and wait and wait winds are about 18-20mph so i think ok its higher up maybe fighting winds i wait nothing dont even hear its loving humm.

Now in panic mode as she always comes back I run down 3 flight of stairs and into the yard and start my search from last video picture. Nothing i try the find my phantom mode and go to the pinpoint nothing . Im heart broken
then i think ok maybe i didnt get home look as i thought maybe she flew to the last flight from yesterdays take off point i run about 2 blocks down the bordwalk to no luck there
i return to the area of the last picture and start looking in trees and around the ground when i here someone call DAD i look up to see my daughter standing a few feet away whith a familiar green and red flashing in here arms.
She tells me about 3 minutes after i left it came back hovered over the deck and then landed in palm tree just off the railing and fell to ground.
i take it from her expecting at the least a bent camera for me But what to my surprise do i see , a fully intact gibal for me ,no broke shell, or ripped ribbon cable to see oh my its a Christmas miracle in deed.
I relace 2 props and fire her up and what do my eyes behold but a fully funtioning phantom for me to hold
. Thank you killer rc for the Gimbal Saver for DJI Phantom 2 Vision + that i know gave me this very special christmas gift.

Now i just wonder what took her so long to rth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 757
Congrats, glad the armor for your gimbal did it's job!

My Phantom just took off into my tree the other day, I'm pretty sure Killer rc saved me

That's awesome!! Before I fly I always go to my wifi settings in my phone and tell it to forget all the Wifi SID's I normally connect to in that area haha. That way it doesn't swap to a different network if it loses connection. Had that happen a few times with a POS AR Done so I learned quickly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl