A bit confused on down stick

Reaction score
I've read this, http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .22_en.pdf, I've read all the words and understand them so it must be the order they are written that has confused me or a lack of comprehension more likely due to a low IQ.

I fly the PV2 out of the box state and I drop it out of the sky with full (and sideways motion) down stick. It hasn't stopped the motors as yet but is this just more good luck than anything else.

Thanks

steveeds said:
I've read this, http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .22_en.pdf, I've read all the words and understand them so it must be the order they are written that has confused me or a lack of comprehension more likely due to a low IQ.

I fly the PV2 out of the box state and I drop it out of the sky with full (and sideways motion) down stick. It hasn't stopped the motors as yet but is this just more good luck than anything else.

Thanks

The "Intelligent" motor stop mode is engaged in the Phantom by default, which doesn't allow the full-down-stick method to work unless you're on the ground. You would have to go in to the software and change that setting to "Immediate" to worry about accidentally triggering it in-flight.

Be careful though, even when "Intelligent" mode is selected, any of the CSC stick combos that can start the motors will also kill them if performed midair.

Thanks OI, it does beg the question, how on earth does it know it's on the ground and not 600 feet in the air.

I presume it knows it's "now" at its home point so safe to turn off, it seems it's smarter than me :)

The Phantom can sense if it hasn't descended at all during the 3 seconds the stick has to be in the full-down position (even though it has continued to reduce power output during that interval), and it then presumes that it's on the ground or some other final surface.

OI Photography said:
The Phantom can sense if it hasn't descended at all during the 3 seconds the stick has to be in the full-down position (even though it has continued to reduce power output during that interval), and it then presumes that it's on the ground or some other final surface.
Like caught in your hand for example

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
OI Photography said:
Like caught in your hand for example

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Indeed :)

Its likely to sense payload on the props or a combination of factors. Obviously this is reduced significantly once on the ground. You will notice that the quad doesnt turn off immediately as its doing the calculation to be sure (not on an assumption I hope! :) )

FC40 Pilot said:
Its likely to sense payload on the props or a combination of factors. Obviously this is reduced significantly once on the ground. You will notice that the quad doesnt turn off immediately as its doing the calculation to be sure (not on an assumption I hope! :) )
i believe it is polling the barometer to see if descent has halted. If no delta after 3 seconds, assumes it is on the ground.

All this "assuming" worries me :)

FC40 Pilot said:
All this "assuming" worries me :)

Well... If it assumes you're on the ground... one way or another, you soon will be... :eek: :shock: :lol:

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4