A better Phantom motor?

Reaction score
OK heres my questions...

what is the projected lifespan maybe in flight hours? of a DJI stock Motor. That said... as we get closer to that motor and instead of waiting for a motor to just go BAM... let's take a calculated risk and get good use from the stock motor then swap out with a better motor for the long haul.

the Tiger Motor MN2214 920KV Anti-gravity Upgrade is $170 bucks....

Oh and does DJI expect us to put a drop of some oil in the bearing of that stock motors... that's if they have bearing of course.

The stock motors are fairly decent motors.
The bearings are easily replaced.

Also I would replace the E-clips on the bottom with c-clips they are more secure and with the right set of c-clip pliers
you can remove them via a 5mm hole drilled in the bottom chassis.

You can even build a balancing rig for the motor housing.

I don't see the advantage of the T_motor antigravity set .
For almost $200.00 US you only gain alike 50 seconds of extra flight and a little faster response in manual mode.
I'd rather buy another battery.

KG4MXV said:

Also I would replace the E-clips on the bottom with c-clips they are more secure and with the right set of c-clip pliers

For almost $200.00 US you only gain alike 50 seconds of extra flight and a little faster response in manual mode.

Maybe... i'm just trying to think ahead... the first thing to go are mechanical.

KG4MXV said:

+1

KG4MXV said:

+2 If you want to upgrade your motors for more power & efficiency take a look at DJIs E300 propulsion system (yes it does fit in a Phantom) http://www.dji.com/product/tuned-propulsion-system

+2 If you want to upgrade your motors for more power & efficiency take a look at DJIs E300 propulsion system (yes it does fit in a Phantom) http://www.dji.com/product/tuned-propulsion-system

Well maybe a phantom 1 or fc40 you will be losing the running lights since the live on the ph2 ESC's
Now i don't know if they have a separate control cable and you will still have to keep the stock ESC boards

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik