9450 props

Reaction score
Just watched a review on youtube claiming the 9450 props of the newr P2 fitted to a fc40 give about a minute and a half extra flight time and fly better with them. Is this true and if so are they any longer as a i dont want to have to keep taking them of to fit in my flight box. Oh and do you need to change any settings in naza (ie any gains) once the new props are fitted.

Yep, they are longer and give more flight time.
As far as I'm concerned they are the only prop worth owning.

Lots of threads out there about them being used on the FC40 and P1. ;)

The best way to search within phantompilots.com is this:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... jku2ysgyhi

Are you getting some then and have you manged to find out about the gain settings, i have heard there good but just need to find someone who uses them now to give us some info. Does anybody who uses the 9450 props know if you need to go into naza and adjust any of the gain settings.

IflyinWY said:
Yep, they are longer and give more flight time.
As far as I'm concerned they are the only prop worth owning.

Lots of threads out there about them being used on the FC40 and P1. ;)

The best way to search within phantompilots.com is this:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... jku2ysgyhi

Thanks to IflyninWY I too purchased a pair of 9450 and they are great! I feel I get much better control over my copter and have increased my flight time exponentially, also seems to carry the weight of a gimbal and camera much better than the stock props. I did not change any of my settings.

cool it was if you need to change the settings that i needed to know before ordering them. cheers

While you are ordering those, take a look at these too they are awesome. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261751725224?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
I just received mine yesterday and I like them. They gave me about a minute less on flight time but they were very responsive and hovered normally. Also, the sound was a little less intrusive and they look good. All in all, I think they were a good purchase.

I just received mine yesterday and I like them. They gave me about a minute less on flight time but they were very responsive and hovered normally. Also, the sound was a little less intrusive and they look good. All in all, I think they were a good purchase.

They props are a bit heavier, but I noticed the increased lift and speed right away. Definitely going to get another set. I am carrying 2 cameras with no issues and I am using the Multistar 4000 mah battery which is more weight, but it handles great:)

Hey Hawkeye 1, really, you got less flight time, darn, that stinks. Could conditions have been different like loading of the bird or a weaker battery or a much warmer day?

No, it was fine flying conditions and all conditions were the same on my Quad.. I expected less flight time because I had been reading up on it and it seems that it takes more energy to spin three blades instead of two because you are moving more air and meeting more resistance. Makes sense when you stop and think about it.......all the studies show that the standard two blade prop is the most efficient. Sorry if that's bad news but I think that's just the fact of it.

I was hoping the they's were wrong about flight time.

Bet they look cool though.
What diameter prop guards could you use with them, 8 or 9 inch?

Did you balance your props? I balanced mine as well before going out. There is always one of the 3 sides of each prop that will be heaviest. There are a lot of youtube videos that show how to. I like to use scotch tape. Its in most of the 3 blade prop balancing videos. By the way, I am only losing about 30 seconds of time, its not so bad just wondering what batteries you are using.

I use clear fingernail polish and yes, I did balance them. I was using the Maddog 2700 battery and to be honest, I was surprised to only lose a minute...I thought it would be worse that that. I won't use them all the time but it's nice to change things around ever now and again, I'm gonna dye them red and use them primarily on my FC40 which is painted flat black...it'll look good I think,

Funny how some people get more flight time and some less with them. I will stick with stock because you can bet your bottom dollar I will be one of the ones who gets less.

Thanks to IflyninWY I too purchased a pair of 9450 and they are great! I feel I get much better control over my copter and have increased my flight time exponentially, also seems to carry the weight of a gimbal and camera much better than the stock props. I did not change any of my settings.

I am using them and they work fine and no change to settings.

I have a set of the stock 9443 blades, and 2x sets of 9450's.
I like how much more rigid the 9450's are. The plastic on the 9443 props is much thinner and flexes a lot more. It might just be my imagination, but I'm sure in fast direction changes, and if suddenly needing to ascend while descending, that the more flexible 9443's would be slower to respond, as they'd flex first, and then move the quad second. A more rigid prop like the 9450 has to handle faster turns and direction changes much better.
I cannot comment on the flight lengths though, as my quad is nothing like standard anymore, and I've never flown a single flight with the stock blades, as my quad came with 2x sets of 9450's, and when I asked to buy another set just to be triple-sure that I'd have plenty of spares, the guy accidently grabbed me the stock ones. I wouldn't even have them otherwise. I didn't return them, and kept them deliberately though, as one day I'd actually like to compare how she handles and flies with them, but I need to get very very familiar with her on the 9450's first, so that I can pick the difference.

Haven't tried them on my FC40 yet but on my P2 they are certainly an improvement. Better balance and less vibration. A bit harsh on turns/yaw but the new default gain settings in the P2 firmware might be a bit too high.

I think I will adjust the gains on the FC40 for the 9450's. The default Naza-M V2 gains are for 8045 props on a naked P1/FC40. Will post back my gains once the weather allows a test flight.

I use the 9450s almost every flight. I also use the carbon fiber 9443s once in a while too. I do also use the stock props when I'm just going for a quick flight to get a short video or picture because my quad seems to be the smoothest flying (especially descending) with t h e stock props. The 9450s are by far the best prop I have used tho. I want to try out some carbon fiber 9450s next but the China props kinda worry me a bit and that's all I can find in carbon 9450s

I have the same feeling about the stock props. Smoothest flying. But I have tried the 9450's now on the FC40 with the default FC40 gain settings and they fly pretty good. But again, quite brisk or harsh in yaw. The 9443's aren't that bad after all, I'll continue to use them until they' have worn out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers