9450 Prop on Phantom Vision+ version 2

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of 9450 prop for my Vision+ :D and have been searching to see if they have any effect on the old stlye motors besides possibly not having the same flight time as the older style props. ;) Can anyone tell me if the new style prop have any downside (plus) or negative effects? :|

Someone did some tests on them when they first came out.
He also uploaded a load of videos.
If I recall with the old motors it did not make much difference.

I use them and personally found it to be a tiny bit more responsive.. some agree some don't.
I believe the pitch on them is slightly diff.. anyways try it out and let us know what you think. You shouldn't experience anything negative.

Let us know what you think.

They make a significant difference if you ask me, better responsiveness and stability in wind - that is my observation.

The only difference I noticed is they are a little bit quieter.

Got out for a test of the new props and the first thing I notice was they are a lot quiter then the old style :) Did not have enough time to put the bird thru its paces to see any differance in the handling. However, I did also test out the new transmitter with the gimbal control and I am very impressed :D What a differance and a lot easier to change the camera angle.

Glad someone else agree's :)

un hombre said:
They make a significant difference if you ask me, better responsiveness and stability in wind - that is my observation.

I find there's a bit more bite with them and moved in that direction after installing a RotorPixel gimbal. I may have lost five minutes of air time, or so, with the gimbal, but I don't see any performance hit at all with the combination of gimbal and 9450 props...

-slinger

I did some sound testing a couple of weeks ago. The new props and new motors registered 61 db; old motors new props 63 db, old motors old props 66 db. At the time I didn't think a few db was significant but someone posted stats that indicate that a 5 db change is very noticeable to the human ear. So to answer you question, the new props on old engines are quieter. I have been running that scenario ever since I yanked the new motors out.

I've been using the 9450 for about 5 months and also found a more responsive bird with a little extra flight time :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj