9 Volt Critical Battery Error after 1.06 FW update

Reaction score
I just finished updating iPad OS, the P3P 1.06 FW and five batteries FW. Everything went fine.
No issues.
The aircraft was double checked on the bench for a successful FW update and each battery was reinstalled into the aircraft to confirm each FW update for them was succcessful.
I charged all the batteries to 100% and went out to do a bit of flying.
The first two batteries were fine. Phantom flew flawless.
I installed the 3rd battery and immediatley noticed the battery led in the center was blinking but not the leds on either side. I looked at the the DJI Go battery display and it showed all cells in the red and the display reading Critical battery Error 9 volt. I turned the aircraft off, pulled the battery, reinstalled it and everything came up fine.
My first thought was that the battery did not seat properly but I always make sure I seat the batteries and then double check the latches. I am positive this battery was secure with absolutely no movement.

The rest of the day was uneventful though in the back of my mind I kept expecting a battery to fail.

Has anyone seen an issue like this after the 1.06 FW update?

Yes. All batteries recharged. Everything at 100%. All FW updated fine. 15 cycles on battery. Never an issue with any of my 5 batteries. No more than 20 cycles on batteries.

Nope. This is the 1st I heard of.

Since you were unable to duplicate the error, I'd say not to worry. This also brings to mind to the documents DJI displayed publicly that stated the would reimburse any crash due to battery failure.

I'd put it in the bird. Find a nice, soft field and do a couple of hard ascents to 30 feet or so. Bonus points for cold weather. See if you can stress the battery. Yes, DJI would probably replace a dead Phantom due to battery issues, but that's a hassle.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik