8FG Questions

Reaction score
Is setup the same for the P2 as the P1 ?

Binding and using stock receiver or using the 6208

When changing are you setting up without self centering throttle or can you set up the 8FG with self centering.

There are some videos out there which would you recommend for setting up the 8FG

Thanks

Dtacmed said:

When changing are you setting up without self centering throttle or can you set up the 8FG with self centering.

There are some videos out there which would you recommend for setting up the 8FG

Thanks

You can set it up with a centering stick but you may need to get the part from Futaba. They will send it out to you for free. I don't see why the RC set up would change between P1 and P2 but I don't know as I have only ever set it up for the P2. I do know you can use the stock RX in the P2 if you want but I'd suggest putting the Futaba receiver in. It's better and you can potentially use the additional channels later.

I have built-up a pretty elaborate profile for the 8FGS including smooth tilting of the gimbal, triple rate controls for filming, slowing down yaw. I can share it if you like.

ianwood said:
Dtacmed said:

Thanks

You can set it up with a centering stick but you may need to get the part from Futaba. They will send it out to you for free. I don't see why the RC set up would change between P1 and P2 but I don't know as I have only ever set it up for the P2. I do know you can use the stock RX in the P2 if you want but I'd suggest putting the Futaba receiver in. It's better and you can potentially use the additional channels later.
I have built-up a pretty elaborate profile for the 8FGS including smooth tilting of the gimbal, triple rate controls for filming, slowing down yaw. I can share it if you like.

That would be great !!!. It seems the more I read the more confused I get. It looks like I have the same setup P2, Lilliput, Fatshark, Gopro etc. Are you using self centering throttle ?. Any info and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank You !!

ianwood said:

There is a discussion going on in another thread about smoothig out the Gimbal tilt on a Futaba T8J. Would you mind sharing how you did this on your 8FG (and the other stuff) as we 8J owners may be able to translate it to our own Tx. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20