7th channel lever and v3.0

Reaction score
Has anyone completed the update who has the 7th channel hack? Does it still work?

GetaGrip said:
It seems the Phantom Tool hack no longer works, it will open and you can switch to the H3-2D mode but it doesn't hold and reverts back to Vision mode on exit.

Another reason not to update. They need to open up the gimbal settings to P2V owners since they stuck us with such a crappy gimbal and have no official DJI upgrade option. Why are we not allowed to use third party hardware?

Just sent this to support, lets see if I get a response.

Hello,

Since DJI chose to use P2V buyers as beta testers for the P2V+ and are not offering any upgraded gimbal options for P2V owners it seems only fair that P2V owners should be able to use third party gimbals like RotorPixel and have full use of the 7th channel lever. Who can I speak with about adding this feature in the future for P2V owners with third party gimbals?

Thanks,

Mine is working fine with Phantontool hack. After upgrading power cycle the bird twice, close the Phantom assistant and open the phantom tool hack (bird connected) click H3-D2 and watch the camera, if it travels all the way down close the tool and open the assistant and calibrate X2. If the camera did not move when you clicked on H3-D2 then select Vision and then back to H3-D2, I have to do this 3 times before the camera reacted. It now is working just as before.

Geert said:
gfredrone said:
Has anyone completed the update who has the 7th channel hack? Does it still work?

Yes, it works fine.

However, after installing the updates you have to uninstall the hack, power cycle your Phantom and do the hack again.
After that, it will work fine.

Geert.

Yo da man geert! Thanks for being the guinea pig.

i must be doing something wrong. each time i get the hack to work and the camera moves by using the tilt lever on the tx when i power down the phantom and power it back up it reverts itself back to vision mode and i have to use the phone app to tilt the camera.

I never quite understood why people break their necks to install these updates. sit back for a while and see what changes they make first! jeez!

wgasja said:
i must be doing something wrong. each time i get the hack to work and the camera moves by using the tilt lever on the tx when i power down the phantom and power it back up it reverts itself back to vision mode and i have to use the phone app to tilt the camera.
Yep same thing here, what are we missing?

GetaGrip said:
wgasja said:

I'm using the standard P2V setup and Geert is using the RP gimbal setup, so maybe that could be the difference

wgasja said:
GetaGrip said:
wgasja said:

I'm using the standard P2V setup and Geert is using the RP gimbal setup, so maybe that could be the difference

RP gimbal here, I can get it to work but as soon as I power cycle it reverts back. Been through the procedure a dozen times with no luck, I give up.

The 7th Channel is a pain in the ***, the even with the best setting for travel the lever moves halfway before the camera actually tilts. Its a pain when trying to set up footage with both objects on the move, so I reverted back to the app.
Also while fine tuning my gimbal using my friends laptop and reverting back to the app I mistakenly hooked it to his DJI assistant who already had V3.0 before i knew it my P2V had already started the update.. FLM now I have it. Not something i wanted to have so now I am screwed with the **** restrictions.
I flew with the lever hack for a month and missed great shots because of this lag.

Edit. V3.0 does not have an X1 calibration on the Basic tab. so no more calibration you have to manually set the limits of travel.

Anyone tried to install the "hack" on 3.0 after the update was done or do you have to install the "hack" with earlier software?
Also like to know if it is possible to install this on one computer and then move it to another?

My main computer is a mac but have an old laptop running win xp so if I can install on the windows machine and then move it over to my Mac, with it all stay installed?
Know people say install windows in parallels or bootcamp but don't want on my mac.
Thank you for any help.

RCRookie said:
DJI is doing this intentionally. They could easily fix this for their Vision owners.

Sad business practices.

Thank you for your email.

We do not know if the Phantom 2 Vision + camera will be available as a separate purchase or if it is compatible with your Phantom 2 Vision.

We cannot help you set up your Phantom 2 Vision with 3rd party equipment. Please seek information on Youtube or the gimbal manufacture's website.

cougar said:
Anyone tried to install the "hack" on 3.0 after the update was done or do you have to install the "hack" with earlier software?
Also like to know if it is possible to install this on one computer and then move it to another?

My main computer is a mac but have an old laptop running win xp so if I can install on the windows machine and then move it over to my Mac, with it all stay installed?
Know people say install windows in parallels or bootcamp but don't want on my mac.
Thank you for any help.

This should be no problem. I also use a Mac. I borrowed a buddies XP laptop to do the upgrade. Since then I have used my Mac config software several times and everything is just fine.

ResevorDG said:
cougar said:

Thank you for any help.

This should be no problem. I also use a Mac. I borrowed a buddies XP laptop to do the upgrade. Since then I have used my Mac config software several times and everything is just fine.

This is great news, now all I need to find out is if the "hack" can be installed on 3.0 software and that it stays there when rebooting.
I should add that it will be installed on the new + version when it arrives and since it already have the gimbal it might work???

Just to confirm, we're screwed with the 7th channel?

I've tried everything here and still quits working on reboot. GRRrrrr!! and some other choice words....

I've successfully reverted back to 1.08 from 3.0 , re-hacked it and the 7th channel lever works fine again.

That will do for me for now. Hopefully by the time the waypoints feature is released for the vision DJI will have seen the light and allowed the 7th channel to be utilised. Yeah right.... ;)

There are a couple of threads on here where people have managed to revert back.

Basically I opened up the 1.08 Assistant which was still on my PC while the Phantom is connected. It will complain of a firmware mismatch. Ignore that and click on the Upgrade Tab. You should see a link for 1.08 on the Main Controller. Click that and let it "Upgrade" to 1.08. Cycle the power on the Phantom, close the Assistant and run the Phantom2-Tool and select H3-2D to enable the 7th Channel. The lever should work as before even after powering the Phantom off and on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4