7th Channel Functionality??

Reaction score
First, I sincerely apologize if this has already been posted or answered. I did try and do a search with no luck and reviewed the last 3-4 pages and did not see any postings - so here goes...

I thought I read that v 3.08 allowed for 7th channel function. I have the small lever installed on the back of my RC (original model) and all the latest versions for Assistant, App, etc.

Is there a setting to allow for the lever to work after the wifi is turned on?

Again, thanks for answering or directing me to the post if this has already been discussed.

Yes, Turn Controller To New Mode, Although The Tilt Function Can Take Some Calibration To Gets Its Position Right Its Not Absolute Now.

Hopefully The Next Update Will Fix It.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
First, I sincerely apologize if this has already been posted or answered. I did try and do a search with no luck and reviewed the last 3-4 pages and did not see any postings - so here goes...

I thought I read that v 3.08 allowed for 7th channel function. I have the small lever installed on the back of my RC (original model) and all the latest versions for Assistant, App, etc.

Is there a setting to allow for the lever to work after the wifi is turned on?

Again, thanks for answering or directing me to the post if this has already been discussed.

Yes, in the Phantom Assistant, go to the RC tab and select "upgrade controller." That will allow your lever to stay on after the wifi connects.

Note that this puts the controller in Rate mode, rather than position mode like the h3-3d uses. That means the gimbal tilts faster the farther you move the lever from center, and the lever has to be perfectly centered for the gimbal to stop tilting up or down. It's not a bad idea to replace the lever with something that had a center detent.

I don't think rate versus position mode is something that DJI will fix.

CyberCitizen said:
Yes, Turn Controller To New Mode, Although The Tilt Function Can Take Some Calibration To Gets Its Position Right Its Not Absolute Now.

Hopefully The Next Update Will Fix It.
It's not really an "update" that is needed. Absolute tilts will work if you were warned in time not to update the gimbal software. I did not, and I have absolute tilt on an old controller with a rear-mounted lever ... and which works with the Vision app. The problem is that, once you update the gimbal software, you cannot go back. I will not update my gimbal software until I know I can retain absolute tilt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers