$699 for the standard

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441861961.787578.jpg

I think a new inspire is going to be released tomorrow. Dji site says a new "inspiration" is going to happen in 18 hours.

I think a new inspire is going to be released tomorrow. Dji site says a new "inspiration" is going to happen in 18 hours.
Isn't it going to be that mini Inspire looking one? Only the shadow knows...

New DJI.png

Reactions: dirkclod
Maybe. If you look at the logo on the page it displays a single black camera as the letter O.

The interesting things I took away from the standard is that it doesn't seem to have a gimble, the wording is pretty specific, is there any way they are doing gimble like features in camera via software?

And the biggest thing for me is that all of a sudden it's ok to use wifi to FPV with the new Standard...

I have a P2 with the H4-3D and was just getting ready to buy a FPV system, I'd love to know what the difference is, are they not on 2.4ghz?

Matthew

Not sure what you are talking about . Standard has a gimbal and it's not all of a sudden
ok to use Wifi . Is the way that one works. You talking about that picture in post 10 ?

Not sure what you are talking about . Standard has a gimbal and it's not all of a sudden
ok to use Wifi . Is the way that one works. You talking about that picture in post 10 ?

It didn't look like there was a gimble

What technology changed between the p2 and the p3 regarding wifi interfering with the communication between the transmitter and the onboard receiver?

I guess I'm just wondering what changed because I can't use my GoPro and iPad with the p2, bit you can use an iPad with the p3 standard

I'd rather have a GoPro than the built in camera choices, but if I can use an iPad out of the box instead of putting an FPV kit I'll just buy a p3 standard

Matthew

Matthew I don't even know where to start telling you all this as I see you haven't been keeping up in the upgrades .
I have a P2V now and have always had FPV . To me the standard is like a better P2V+ but with some changes which I plan to mod for distance and other things . Have you seen this . Phantom 3 Standard - Drone for Beginners | DJI it just shows it using a phone and with a phone holder but all that is easy enough to fix .
Most here want the Pro or Adv but I
want the 5.8 and 2.4 bird so I can mod it .

Matthew I don't even know where to start telling you all this as I see you haven't been keeping up in the upgrades .
I have a P2V now and have always had FPV . To me the standard is like a better P2V+ but with some changes which I plan to mod for distance and other things . Have you seen this . Phantom 3 Standard - Drone for Beginners | DJI it just shows it using a phone and with a phone holder but all that is easy enough to fix .
Most here want the Pro or Adv but I
want the 5.8 and 2.4 bird so I can mod it .

I'm just wondering if the P3 is using a different frequency thus allowing the use of wifi

I have a P2 v2 and as I said I'm just getting ready to add FPV and it's tempting to just get a P3 standard

I'm quite happy with the Phantom that I have, just wishing I could somehow use wifi + iPad

Matthew

Ps thank you for that link with the extra information, it answered a few of my questions, I'm thinking I'm just going to pickup a standard

Last edited:
I'm just wondering if the P3 is using a different frequency thus allowing the use of wifi

I have a P2 v2 and as I said I'm just getting ready to add FPV and it's tempting to just get a P3 standard

I'm quite happy with the Phantom that I have, just wishing I could somehow use wifi + iPad

Matthew
Well bro I have never had what you do but have had what I said. The standard is 2.4 FPV and 5.8 TX. The other 2 have Lightbridge and are 2.4 .
Totally different setups .
If ya happy with what ya got then look in the P2 section on how to do what you want . You gonna have better distance with what you have over a stock standard but that can be modded . Guess it's just what you want to do and how much money ya want to spend .
I see what I have as just getting obsolete as well as the Plus . Will just have to see how all this plays out :)
I'm keeping my bird but getting the standard to see just what I can make it do . If I didn't like to do mods then I would get the Advanced .

Matthew has a Phantom 2, version 2... Not a Phantom 2 Vision +! That's why he's talking about adding FPV.
I know what he has and told him where to look to do so , P2 . here Phantom 2 Discussion | DJI Phantom Forum
He also asked about the P3 and can see he hasn't read enough to know so I tried to tell him . This technology has advanced so fast if you don't read it will leave you far behind .
Now I might have confused him more so Matthew please disregard my post and phuocsandiego you start at post #15 and please explain it to
him . Thanks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1