$$$

Reaction score
Well I know this is a DJI thread, but I want to save up to $1800 for the typhoon H, LOL
Any ideas? I don't have a job yet.. so ermm YAH

Part civic minded, part greed. For my NRA membership I went out collecting cans along highways around here (La Crosse, Wi). As I get money for the cans I up my membership. Currently a Lifetime Member/Benefactor. It adds up quick once you get going and it helps your community.
Maybe something like that?

Well I know this is a DJI thread, but I want to save up to $1800 for the typhoon H, LOL
Any ideas? I don't have a job yet..
Buy whatever you like but ....
Lots of people get lured by pre-release marketing hype and sometimes they end up being quite sorry when their drones fail to live up to marketing hype (3DR Solo and Walkera Tali H500 or Plexidrone).
The Typhoon H is still just marketing hype and Yuneec aren't making any comment on a proposed release date so you might have a while to think about them before they hit the market.

But if you think the Typhoon H is the answer here's a little thinking beyond .. ooh that looks shine and it has six motors.
he Typhoon H is advertised at more than twice the price of the P3 Advanced.
Does it have twice the features and functionality?
The P3 is 50% faster which means it can handle a good breeze without being blown away.
The Typhoon H has an advertised video range of up to 400 metres as opposed to the Lightbridge system of the Phantom providing crystal clear live view at 10 times that distance.
Object avoidance is still a gimmick and only works at slow speeds and with large objects.
It sounds great in the marketing but doesn't add much real useful functionality.
If you are short on $$, the P3 Advanced is a proven product rather than unreleased marketing hype and it is half the price for twice the performance.

If you need 360 because you are shooting pro work, you buy an inspire. Otherwise, you use the yaw to spin 360 or course lock to get the shots we need for our hobby. My opinion only.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Don't fall for the marketing hype. You'll be sorry. I can tell you first hand the added distance is a HUGE plus. You'll find out right away you want more if you don't opt for a LightBridge set up.

Perhaps it's time that you should Cut the Umbilical Cord, and take her out, much farther. Are you afraid to lose her, or what is your thinking?

Upon arriving home, from the hobby shop, that very first day, I left my Phantom 3 Pro' in its Beginner mode. Flying her was incredible yet it felt like I was wearing a leash. But I soon thought the restriction was too much, and once I flipped that switch, freedom. Yeah, immediately I felt a vast openness of the sky. The yoke weight was lifted from my shoulders and I could finally soar with the Eagles and Hawks. ;-)

Each and every day, I would venture out, a bit further than previously.
I would smile, thinking about the Beginner mode...
It's quite exhilarating to have that free feeling. Try it. Thank me later.

RedHotPoker

Perhaps it's time that you should Cut the Umbilical Cord, and take her out, much farther. Are you afraid to lose her, or what is your thinking?
RedHotPoker
Pretty much. I don;t want to loose my parents $1000, which is a lot for me. I do knw nothing will happen... just not ready yet.. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub