60 flight in two weeks with no issues

Reaction score
Thought I'd post on a positive note. I've installed the latest firmware and have had controlled flight with no issues. A lot of people are commenting on issues but for me all is good.

"Consider yourself, one of the family..." I am floating on the same cloud as you are.
Did the update that came out most recently, as my Phantom had already been firmware present. & I have enjoyed worry free flights, and never had a hiccup along the way. If has been granite or marble, solid flying every flight.

Edit: leave well enough alone.

"We are the Hero's, my friends..."

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
"Consider yourself, one of the family..." I am floating on the same cloud as you are.
Did the update that came out most recently, as my Phantom had already been firmware present. & I have enjoyed worry free flights, and never had a hiccup along the way. If has been granite or marble, solid flying every flight.
What worries me, if they release another firmware update to fix the current batch of issues, others are experiencing and perhaps that update may cause us troubles? Hope not...

RedHotPoker

See? I was good until your last sentence lol. Mine has been rock solid as well.

Reactions: RedHotPoker
Yeah, shall I delete that bit of pessimism...

No kidding eh? Hahaha

Why jinx it...

OBTW: Well Come On In, to the forum...
Regard your time, well spent here, learning, sharing and appreciating the comraderie.
There is or are, a few real comedians within these page's, for sure...
Enjoy the laughs along with them.
Which Phantom/$ are you flying? There are a lot of helpful threads here, I use the search magnifying glass up top, seeking those past threads. The mods and new owner of the forum, are slowly improving its functionality and bringing us more features such as the forum app. They have also started to create a Stickies section for regularly asked questions, like "How high will it fly? ;-)
For those who are new to flying, or to DJI Flying Flowchart, Phantom's system, as I was unfamiliar.
Anyone who wants to increase their knowledge about this very intricately designed feature rich quad. Which, for its relative low price, considering a separate Lightbridge purchase, would equal our Phantom 3 cost. We are indeed very fortunate to be in this hobby at a very opportune moment in time.
I have a question too, I would be interested to know what other future features people here beside the three that were available prior, may want, to become popular & most commonly used. Do you gave any thought provoking ideas? Voice commands... Hahaha
GoTellSiri to take off, fly by herself, and come back with some awesome pics & 4K footage...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Thought I'd post on a positive note. I've installed the latest firmware and have had controlled flight with no issues. A lot of people are commenting on issues but for me all is good.
Mine was the same except I did notice the drone drifting when near the ground after the update. Last night I noticed the horizon was a little scewed as well so I decided to do an IMU and gimbal Calibration. That went well and took it out tonight to test it.... No Bueno!

Now the drifting is even worse. I switched to ATTI but it wouldn't leave GPS mode regardless of switch position. Now it's telling me the controller needs updating and that I have to update the firmware. Sheeesh! One week to the 4th of July and I have no confidence in this software version.

Yes the controller needs updating also with the same firmware, best you read the latest version details on how to update each component. With regard to the horizon, this is a real problem that I believe DJI are working on. I'm getting airborne and setting the camera gimbal at 1.2, hopefully they sort this soon. Everything else works fine in my opinion.

The gimbal angle adjustment is frustrating. It has to occur every time. Sometimes .6, sometimes.8,,, somtimes1.2. I wish it was at least predictable in how much it was off. I have to check it each and every time.

The gimbal angle adjustment is frustrating. It has to occur every time. Sometimes .6, sometimes.8,,, somtimes1.2. I wish it was at least predictable in how much it was off. I have to check it each and every time.

With you Bryce on the angle thing. Shooting two soccer matches tomorrow and have just received 4 extra batteries! So endurance won't be a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20